INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organizing Music Concerts (video type) Metadata  (Read 1635 times)

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
Organizing Music Concerts (video type) Metadata
« on: January 02, 2016, 11:58:51 am »

Hi,

I have a lot of ripped music concerts (video type) from Blu-ray and DVD, classical or Rock/POP. Up to now I have used media_sub_type = movie for them so that they appear in JRemote under Movies. Because my library last year has grown so much I wanted to separate movies from music concerts (video type).
I put them in the TV Show area (it was empty up to now) using the [Series] = Artist Metadata. (A little bit misuse of the TV Show Area - I know) So e.g. you have Madonna under TV Shows and then if you open it with JRemote you find the different Madonna Concerts.

Two Questions:
1. It seems that then Get Movie and TV Info does not work any more. Is this correct?

2. Are there better ways to organize this and to control it with JRemote?

WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
Re: Organizing Music Concerts (video type) Metadata
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 12:58:19 pm »

For concerts, set the media subtype to movie when you scrape them, then change it to Music when done.
Create new video views that shows media subtype = Music. One for standard view and one for theatre view if you use it.

You can create a similar view in JRemote by going to Options-->Media Network-->Advanced-->Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & WebGizmo...

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 02:40:44 pm »

You can make a new view for just your Concert DVDs.  Either copy an existing one that you like and modify it, or start from scratch.  [Media Subtype] can be set to Concert or Music, depending on what you think makes the most sense.  I would set up the view to only show that Media Subtype.  Then it won't show in any of your other views.  Get Movie and TV info works fine on the one Concert I just tried it on.

That's probably the most straight forward way to organize it.  Just export your new view to JRemote, and you should be all set.

Brian.

Manfred

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 03:46:45 pm »

Hi blgentry,

I added a new view named Concerts under VIDEO.
I modified this view with a rule media_sub_type is Concert
I go under Options->Media Network ->Advanced -> Customize views for JRemote... and added the View Concerts so that it appears on the same level as movies
I go under Options->Theatre View and added the View Concerts, but I can have that only on the top level as Video? (Did I something wrong?)
Restart MC

In JRemote the View Concerts does not appear. Have I something forgotten?
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 03:49:31 pm »

After views are exported to JRemote, you have to restart both MC and the JRemote device.  Then you'll see your new view in JRemote.

I don't use the Windows version of MC, so I'm not familiar with Theater View customization.  I'm sure someone else can help with that.

Brian.

Manfred

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 03:54:21 pm »

Hi blgentry,

I got it working. Started another app closed it so that JRemote must made a new connection. After that the View appears.

Thank you very much for your help (Every time one learns something new  :))!
Pages: [1]   Go Up