INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't find files  (Read 3780 times)

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
Can't find files
« on: December 23, 2015, 10:50:37 pm »

In searching for an overlong file name that MC20 refused to import, I could find the disc in the MC20 library and can play all the music except the overlong file track. When I went to the NAS to find the disc so I could shorten the file name, I could not find the disc anywhere.

Here is the file name from that track that was not imported:
\\JVDISKSTATION\music\JV FLAC\Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong\The Complete Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong on Verve, Disc 3\CD3\12_Medley; Here Come De Honey Man - Crab Man - Oh, Dey's So Fresh and Fine_The Complete Ella and Louis on Verve_Ella Fitzgerald.flac

As you can see, it is part of a 3-disc set, all 3 of which show up in the MC20 library, but when I go to the NAS using Windows Explorer, I only see Discs 1 & 2 of the set. Disc 3 is hidden somewhere. The Synology DS214play NAS groups the music in folders by Artist. I didn't see any way to change the view, but I will call them to find out if I can view by Album and search for it that way.

At the client's home I showed him how to rip a CD he had just bought (using dBpoweramp). I then showed him how to import that single file into MC20. In the Browse window of MC20, it showed the file residing in a folder called "A - Various Artists". After importing it, 1 file was skipped for having too long a file name. I went to the NAS using Windows Explorer to find it and there wasn't even a folder named "A - Various Artists", but there was one named "#2 - Various Artists." However the new disc wasn't in that folder and couldn't be found anyplace else. Also the only artist we listed was "Rolling Stones, The" so I don't know where the "Various Artists" part comes from. There is already a Rolling Stones folder in the NAS, but the new album was not put there as it should have been.

I tried using both the Windows search box and the Windows-R key combination, but they gave only error messages with words like "Cannot be found. The file may have been moved or the name is incorrect."

Any suggestions on finding missing albums?

Mark_Chat

• Recent member
Re: Can't find files
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 11:56:49 pm »

Right click disc 3 in JRiver Media Centre and select Locate/On Disc (External) and a file explorer window will hopefully come up with your album...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 01:28:28 am »

Ripping with MC would save you some trouble.

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 03:28:22 pm »

Thanks Mark. I will try that when I am next at my client's home.

Jim, I am coming to that same conclusion. Does MC have something equivalent to AccurateRip to insure bit perfect files?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 04:58:26 pm »

If you use Monkey's (APE) encoder it is bit perfect
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 12:38:58 am »

In MC's ripping options, use Secure Rip.  

Rip to any lossless format.  APE, FLAC, ALAC, ...

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 01:33:21 am »

Thank you Jim and King!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up