INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost sound when second remote device connected  (Read 2597 times)

Joemama

Lost sound when second remote device connected
« on: January 06, 2016, 09:15:49 am »

I'm new here and have searched for an answer, but can't find one.
My setup is: PC > HDMI cable > TV > receiver. Controlled using JRemote on iPad.

I've only used JRiver for about a week.

Everything was working fine, then I added JRemote to my iPhone. I entered the access key and began using the remote from my iPhone. The TV screen changed to something I'd never seen before- instead of showing the player it was showing artwork, etc.

Everything worked for about three minutes, then everything froze and I got an error message that I could not play using WASAPI mode.

If someone could help or direct me to the appropriate area I would greatly appreciate it.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lost sound when second remote device connected
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 10:24:20 am »

If I'm understanding you correctly, you mean it worked when you were using JRemote from your Ipad, but when you started using the JRemote it messed things up?  That's strange as they should use the same views. I'm not sure what you mean by player either? Maybe you are using the "Remote" and not the Audio or Video categories on the iphone? The Wasapi error probably is not related, but just guessing.

I'm new here and have searched for an answer, but can't find one.
My setup is: PC > HDMI cable > TV > receiver. Controlled using JRemote on iPad.
Assume you mean

HDMI->TV
PC<
       ?? ->Receiver

right? I'm not sure how (or why) you might have set-up your config as mentioned in your post otherwise

Joemama

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 10:39:05 am »

When I was using JRemote from the ipad, what I saw on the TV screen was the actual JRiver Media Center. When I played from the iphone, the JRiver Media Center did not show. It was a black background with the album cover, song name, etc.
The odd thing was that it was playing, then stopped working.
Again, I'm new to all of the JRiver stuff, so I'm probably not providing good information.  ?

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 11:16:21 am »

ok no worries ...  but I agree hard to help with the way you are describing things.

You didn't confirm my assumption -- going PC to TV to receiver is not normally how you would set things up. So the playback issue is probably linked to that. Or as I asked are you going PC=>HDMI=>TV and PC=>??=>Receiver or maybe PC=>AV Receiver=>TV

What you see the on the screen is something else. For JRiver to launch automatically with JRemote without using a mouse/keyboard it has to run at startup (see options). Although JRemote can run like a remote desktop, it is generally used to run without a TV/Monitor on as a controller. If you want to use your TV as a monitor, keyboard/mouse or remote control is usually what you would want to use. Although you can use JRemote to control a monitor, its pretty limited. So seeing a black screen is pretty normal if JRiver is not running.  At the very least media server has to be on. What confused me is how you got this to work on the ipad for a week.

So first I'd recommend reading at least the audio set-up part of the WIKI -- and check that everything is set-up right. Then get back to JRemote. Without some of the vocabulary it might be hard to ask specific question or get fixes otherwise. 

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup

Joemama

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 12:05:18 pm »

The TV is simply mirroring my PC monitor. So, I have JRiver Media Center open, just as if I was using it on the PC. I was controlling playback with the ipad, but the music is going directly from the PC via an HDMI cable, it is not going wireless from the ipad (using, I believe, "player" mode).

I run all my devices (Apple TV, etc.) to the TV via HDMI, then digital optical to the receiver. I agree I could go straight to the receiver, but this works better for me.

I have read all the audio set-up stuff on the wiki page and about a dozen other sites. Again, everything was working properly until I tried using JRemote on the iphone.

JRiver did not start on it's own. I had it open on the PC and was controlling with the ipad. Then I tried to control with the iphone, and that's where the problem started.

I appreciate your help.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 08:27:50 pm »

Is yours a smart tv with DLNA?
Check which zone your iPhone's JRemote is set to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up