INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Group By options  (Read 1634 times)

sg60

• Junior Woodchuck
Group By options
« on: January 10, 2016, 12:14:53 pm »

I've been trying to create a view for a smartlist where I group everything by "album artist" and then sort within the groups by "album". No luck so far. Is this possible to do and if yes can you give me some pointers? Thanks.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Group By options
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 12:33:35 pm »

yep if you mean create a smartlist NOT a view ... here you go; choose Custom and the field order you want to show

if you mean create a View from a smartless the sort order can be made via Set Rules for file Display -->Modify Results=>Sorting

you can also import a smartlist into a a New View using the Import/Export Button

not clear which one you want. A View is just a more powerful smartlist

sg60

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 12:58:09 pm »

Thanks for the tips. In the second option you showed me can you tell me how you get to that screen? I can't find that path.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 01:49:04 pm »

Thanks for the tips. In the second option you showed me can you tell me how you get to that screen? I can't find that path.
sure no problem

to customize an existing view, from the tree on the left right click on the view and choose customize.

To add a new view, right click on a root view (like Audio) and choose Add Library View

The last wizard is reached by click on the three dots "..." before "Set Rule for File Display" see my SS

sg60

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 02:00:08 pm »

Thank you. That's very helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up