INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help request Flexraid issues on Media Server  (Read 1832 times)

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Help request Flexraid issues on Media Server
« on: January 14, 2017, 11:15:54 am »

I went to play a video in MC yesterday and the entire series was missing from JRiver.  I found quite a lot of other files now missing from both my JRiver library and from the Flex raid drive as well.   I first thought it was a JRiver issue, but upon further investigation it looks like a drive failed in my flexraid pool.  I have 4 4Tb drives with a another 4Tb parity drive. Before I realized where the problem stemmed from, I was able to generate a message that the recycle bin for the flexraid pool drive letter was corrupted.  I did a google search and found out that was an issue with flexraid.  Now my problem begins because I had this unit built by Assassin HTPC about 18 months ago and they set up Flexraid.  I have no knowledge whatsoever about flexraid or raid in general.

So I was able to log into the flexraid control panel and it shows that a drive was removed from the pool and a the notification log shows that my drive (0) has failed and been removed from the array.  I used the drive analysis tools on the flex control panel and ran both a short and long test on the drive that was removed from the pool and both tests came back with the message that "completed without error".  Is that a sufficient test to determine if the drive is bad?  So now I am in bind in that I have limited knowledge in regards to flexraid and I can't find any google searches to help me with this specific situation.  I have a back up drive of the same size that I can replace the drive with, but the drive analysis of the "drive that flexraid removed due to failure  shows that it is fine.  My first inclination is to try to add that failed drive back to the pool and see what happens.  If this is the way to go, how would I proceed to get the data off that drive so that I can replace it with the new back up drive without losing any data and screwing my JRiver library?

I have a lot of the files backed up on a drobo unit but not all.  I am also concerned that I will lose alot of the custom tagging I have done in this JRiver library.  I know some of you use flexraid and have much more intimate knowledge of how it works.  I would appreciate any help in what the next step I should take should be.   I tried contacting the creators of flex raid, but ran into a brick wall.  They told me to pay the $150 support fee or go pound sand.  I won't get into how that made me feel about their product, but needless to say, that is why I am turning to you folks here on the forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up