INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart List Rules Question  (Read 1129 times)

DeleteMe

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Smart List Rules Question
« on: August 28, 2003, 02:15:22 pm »

Most of the audio files I have are mp3's, but some are duplicate rips using Monkey's Audio for some songs that I really like.  The reason for the duplicates is because I use the mp3's for my portable audio player and the ape's for my general listening.

So in a smart list I've set up rules for creating play lists specific for my portable audio player; this is easy because I just have to include only mp3 files with a certain bitrate.

However, I haven't figured out how to create a smart play list that will favor the higher quality file over the lower quality file.  For example, I have Terra Firma from the Tomb Raider sound track ripped into an mp3 and an ape in the same directory.  I would like the smart playlist to include the ape file in the playlist and not the mp3 file, in addition, I'd also like it to include other mp3's that don't have duplicate ape's.

Any suggestions?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Smart List Rules Question
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 03:55:58 pm »

I generally just keep the APE files and have MC automatically convert them to MP3 or WMA when it transfers them to my portable.

DeleteMe

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 05:25:15 pm »

Sounds good.  How do I do that?  I have MC 9.1240 and a Creative Nomad IIc.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 07:13:37 pm »

I don't have it in front of me, so I'm not entirely positive, but I think the option is on the Handheld download screen. Somewhere there is a button for options and in there is the option to automatically convert formats and normalize if you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up