INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: printing images (e.g. digital pictures)  (Read 842 times)

CARATGI

• nothing more to say...
printing images (e.g. digital pictures)
« on: August 28, 2003, 11:37:59 am »

Does anybody know how to print with MC digital pictures?

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re: printing images (e.g. digital pictures)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 12:45:52 pm »

Caratgi:

Im afraid it cant be done. Ive asked this before. The best workaround Ive found is to set Send to/Send to (External) in MC 9.1 to open up an images folder and then use the WinXP print wizard from there. Choose Send to/Send to (External)/Add/Edit programs and set program path: explorer and parameters: /select,[FILENAME]. If you name the item Explorer, then you can right click on an image in the library and choose Send to/Send to (External)/Explorer to get your image opened up in a Windows Explorer window, and from there you can print away.

You can use the external tools feature to send your image to any program which will accept the image filename as a command line parameter. For instance Ive also got MC configured to send an image to Photoshop Elements.  Thus I can open up an image in PE by sending it from MC, and from there I can retouch the image and print it using PE.

Its not ideal, and I do think that there should be an easier way of printing images in future versions of MC, but for the small amount of printing that I do it works fine. Hope that helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up