INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Movie & TV Info (does not work)  (Read 4026 times)

jwhiskers

• Recent member
Get Movie & TV Info (does not work)
« on: November 08, 2015, 11:57:38 am »

I am running MC21 on Windows Home Server 2011 and have not had any problems in the past with obtaining movie info on IMDB, Wikipedia, or RotenTomatos. Now I have problems. When it perform a search it always says that it finds nothing. I even perform the look up on movie that have already been found and still finds nothing. I have done the tag thing to ensure that the type and subtype is video and movie. I have turned off all antivirus, turned off Windows Defender, and decreased all security in Internet Explorer. Where else can I look? I is almost like it is not reach the internet. I have internet in the browser with no problem. Thoughts?

Thanks

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Get Movie & TV Info (does not work)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 03:44:16 pm »

Does the background slideshow still work in Theater View?

Possibly the firewall? Turn it off as well - or make sure MC is allowed TCP communication with public network.

Try this query in your browser...
http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=f7fc78078d94ffcc805d59ba705961f6&query=Braveheart&language=en
...if TMDB responds...
  {"page":1,"results":[...],"total_pages":1,"total_results":2}
...but still no success in MC, then enable logging (Help > Logging...) while performing Get Movie & TV Info; maybe this gives additional hints about what's wrong or missing.

jwhiskers

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:06:25 pm »

I apologize for my absence since my earlier post. I have turned off every firewall and block that I know of. Therefore, I did the log idea. Please refer to the attached files to this post to review the log when I send the request for getting movie info. Thank you again for your help.

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 05:01:34 am »

According to the log you're running MC Version 19.0.32. At least this makes your issue plausible - if I recall it right, the MC interface to the movie DBs (at least IMDB) broke near end of life of MC19 or 20 due to api changes on provider side.
So make sure you really run MC21 or one of the final releases of MC20.

mpg732

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 02:33:00 pm »

Any one else have issues getting Movie and TV info.  This is an new issue for me, was working just fine but lately it has been ruining very slow and also crashes MC a lot.  It some time takes u to a minute to search for a movie, then if I move on to the next file to quickly it causes MC to crash.  Running on windows 7 pro

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 04:29:59 pm »

Nope, haven't seen any issues.

There were changes recently to the TV lookup side, but not the Movie lookup as far as I know. So that shouldn't have changed anything. Certainly no crashes here.

Could it just be really slow because; Summer holidays and the internet is getting a hammering?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jwhiskers

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 01:00:45 pm »

Yes, I have had issues also. It just stopped working about six months ago. Very frustrating. Unable to determine why. I assume a network thing but have not been able to determine.

jwhiskers

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 01:05:16 pm »

When I upgraded to MC21 is when it (Get Movie abilities) stopped working (MC21 was crashing all of the time on my Windows Home Server 2011 also). I completely uninstalled and installed MC19 with hopes that it would come back. Now MC19 is stable on the server but still no "Get Movie" info.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 02:00:55 pm »

TheTVDB website seems to be down right now (and has been much of the day), which means Get Movie & TV Info won't work for TV Shows. I'm sure it's a temporary thing, but it won't work until they get their site back up.

So, today is not the day to test it.

If you are having long-term problems with it, the issue is almost absolutely certain to be related to security or firewall software on your system. MC needs unfettered Internet access and the ability to use its internal browser engine to make that function work.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 04:47:17 pm »

Yep, maintenance work: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=93977&sid=4018d26f5703c1d39343cc22876d7a87#p93977

They are also still trialling their API 2.x, but it must be close to going live, which will see more short term outages I'm sure. But it sounds like the new API will provide better access to information.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up