INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.37 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 10944 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.37 for Windows -- Available here
« on: January 15, 2016, 07:13:06 am »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210037.exe

21.0.37 (1/14/2016)

1. Fixed: The Digital Signature of Media Center was invalid since January 1st (only affects builds 21.0.31 and newer).

21.0.36 (1/13/2016)

1. Changed: When a search for television programs in Standard view does not find any programs, the text message in the Programs window is changed to "Search did not find any matching programs" instead of "Double-click here to set up a program guide."  Double-clicking will do nothing.
2. Changed: Made the OS detection function log what the two OS versions are if they're different before showing the message.
3. NEW: ">>" and "<<" keys on remote control shift Theater View television guide to the right (left) 24 hours.
4. Fixed: Panes display wasn't obeying the selected expression to display selected in Edit Category.

21.0.35 (1/12/2016)

1. Fixed: Showing and hiding the tree would result in Action Window pages not redrawing properly.
2. Fixed: Bookmarking could be wrong after watching a TV program that was currently being recorded if the recording had been started later than the program start time.
3. Changed: Recording Rule ID is now viewable for media type "Video" in addition to media type "TV".
4. Fixed: Starting playback from the command line of audio files would jump to fullscreen (but we only wanted to do that for images).
5. NEW: Added a mid-side encoding DSP to Parametric Equalizer.
6. NEW: The action for a files command in MCWS accepts "m3u" to create an m3u format playlist.
7. Fixed: Audio could hiccup between tracks in recent builds.

21.0.34 (1/7/2016)

1. Fixed: Searching for -1 didn't work properly.
2. Fixed: Picking users accounts wasn't working.

21.0.33 (1/7/2016)

1. Fixed: A bookmarking bug when playing a TV show currently being recorded.
2. Changed: Double-clicking an image from Explorer will now launch fullscreen mode even if the program is sitting in Playing Now.  You might need to double-check the "Options > General > Jump to windowed display mode when playback is started externally" option.
3. Changed: Further adjustments to the way searches are handled to improve the accuracy of the results on larger libraries.
4. Changed: Made the AA plugin a bit smaller using the new build framework.

21.0.32 (1/6/2016)

1. Changed: The position OSD updates the position continually as it's showing instead of just showing a static snapshot.
2. Fixed: Smartlist editor dialogs could be squashed horizontally by user resizing, making them unreadable.
3. NEW: When in Standard Television view, the Delete key on keyboard will delete selected recorded TV shows and selected recording rules.
4. Changed: "Done" button on Manage TV Channels dialog window is renamed "Close".
5. Changed: Reduced the size of MFC executables using the new framework.

21.0.31 (1/4/2016)

1. Changed: The tooltip text on the system tray can be longer (128 characters instead of 64 characters).
2. Fixed: Window placement was not getting saved when modeless dialogs closed.
3. Changed: Added a value of 15 seconds into the ladder of times to wait when switching the display.
4. Changed: On Manage Channels window the channel list header code "(12-3 ABC)" is changed to "(123 ABC)" for channels sorted by name (with channel number in front).
5. Changed: Updated to the latest version of the Chromium engine for webpages.
6. Fixed: Video files without audio did not convert successfully.
7. Fixed: Media Center would sometimes select the wrong audio streams during video playback when no preferred audio language was configured.
8. Fixed: Some web radio URLs would not open but instead hang the program forever.
9. Changed: Built using the new development framework.
10. Changed: Updated the Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).

21.0.30 (12/22/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio was blinking with VST effects installed (the fix is wider and might also make drawing in general more efficient).
2. Fixed: When a TV channel was being watched on a single client at the same time also watched on the server, changing channel on either the server or the client would cause the channel changed on the other computer.
3. Fixed: Logging could crash MC under some circumstances.
4. NEW: Added a command MCC_TOGGLE_THEATER_VIEW_GRIDS_CHANNEL_NAME (30026) to toggle Theater view guide grid's "hide channel names when channel logos are available" setting.
5. Changed: Made the "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" tool no longer available when connected to a server (because the results were confusing anyway).
6. Fixed: When playing a TV show that was being recorded, MC could hang with a black screen and normal sound.  (possibly only with madVR).
7. Changed: Increased the number of "Wait after change" values in Options > Video.
8. Fixed: VST effects could be corrupted.

21.0.29 (12/17/2015)

1. Fixed: In Theater View Guide television shows associated with channels that had been put in groups as non-top members were still included, and displayed in grids, but were not playable.
2. NEW: Added new TVInfo() expressions ProgramChannelNumber and IsOnNonTopGroupedChannel.
3. Fixed: The word "Live" was appended to the time on position OSD for all non-TV video playback (only in build 28).
4. Fixed: Potential worker thread hang in CListener class, also a potential memory leak.
5. Fixed: Television channel logos did not show in Theater View guide grids on client machines.
6. Fixed: Clearing the playback range field on a file could cause the program to go into an infinite loop in certain cases.
7. Fixed: In rare cases television time-shifting/recording folder got shared with two simultaneous recordings of the same title, resulting in both recordings not watchable.
8. Fixed: Fixed potential hangs/crashes and memory leaks in networking code.

21.0.28 (12/14/2015)

1. Fixed: The Chromium Web Engine did not render properly on HighDPI displays.
2. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR v0.89.17.
3. Fixed: Pressing delete during an image slideshow was no longer working (the fix meant reenabling the delete shortcut in fullscreen but then ignoring the command if it comes and the UI is fullscreen -- testing appreciated)
4. NEW: Added MCC_CLOSE_QUICK_SEARCH to close the quick search box (21034).
5. Changed: TheTVDB lookup can look up tracks that don't have a season or episode number and will now look up just by the episode name.
6. Changed: Library Server Sync is more robust against sync errors when the Library Server is restarted.
7. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
8. Changed: Playlist deletions get properly synced from and to Library Server clients.
9. Changed: When showing playback position OSD (using up or down arrow) for television shows, time-shifting between 1 and 59 seconds are shown as " shifted xx seconds".  Previously only time-shifting larger than 1 minute was shown.  Also if the time-shifting is less than one second, the word "Live" is shown.

21.0.27 (12/11/2015)

1. Changed: Made a change to the tagging window to prevent editing tags when no files are selected.
2. Fixed: Rotten Tomatoes wouldn't look up movies like Amélie correctly because of the accent.  Trying to just remove the accents before the search.
3. Fixed: Opening the ASIO line in with the channel count set to more than 32 would crash.  Now it fails gracefully.
4. Fixed: When loading XMLTV EPG data, "Series" field could inherit a value from an old program in the same time slot if the new program was not a series.
5. Changed: When loading XMLTV EPG data, all relevant fields are updated, instead of only updating those that are not empty.  This prevents wrong data from being retained.
6. Fixed: MCWS would send an unexpected server error response after the normal response when receiving HTTP POST requests with Keep-Alive.
7. Changed: Added a timeout to stopping auto-import threads to fix a possible hang.
8. Changed: Adjusted television channel logo display in Guide so that the logos keep their aspect ratio.  Also increased the border width around the logos so they do not appear touching each other.
9. Fixed: Audio tracks without a language tag would erroneously show as "Abkhazian" in the Display View OSD.
10. NEW: Added an option in television properties "Hide channel names in Theater View guide when channel logos are available".
11. Fixed: In Rename, Move & Copy dialog, columns couldn't be resized to show the entire filenames if they were very long.
12. Fixed: The multi-match CD dialog didn't scale nicely for high DPI.
13. Fixed: Television subscription could schedule recordings on channels that were non-top grouped channels, resulting in multiple recordings of the same program, if programs had been created for these channels prior to the channels being grouped.
14. Fixed: The CD information could change as a track was ripping.

21.0.26 (12/8/2015)

1. Changed: Coverart tools are available for "TV" media types (TV channels and programs).
2. NEW: Television channel logo support in Theater View guide grid.
3. Fixed: In "Mini View" mode on Windows 10 with Noire skin, the minimize button was partly overlaying the player window.
4. Fixed: When resampling, the source format listed in DSP Studio wouldn't get updated properly when switching tracks.
5. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Fixed: ASIO Live would crash if you picked more than two channels.
7. Changed: Enabled DoP bitstreaming for DSD256.
8. Changed: Database key value for a television channel is displayed in Details box on Manage Channels dialog window.
9. Changed: Television channel logo, if available, of the first selected channel, is displayed on Manage Channels dialog window.
10. Fixed: The keyboard shortcut to change the audio stream during DVD playback was not working (Ctrl+Shift+L).
11. NEW: Added "Channel logo" menu when right-clicking on a single channel on Manage Channels dialog window.  The menu is the same as the Cover Art menu elsewhere.
12. Changed: Manage Channels dialog window is now resizable.  It was tweaked so it will fit within monitor screen better with magnified screen sizes (such as 125% and 150%).
13. Fixed: When setting the playback range back to an empty value the duration wouldn't update to the whole file (now it updates the library from tags on that change).
14. Fixed: When loading XMLTV EPG data, re-run flag was not saved when its value was false.  This caused previously saved bogus "true" value not to be corrected.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DoubtingThomas

Re: Media Center 21.0.37 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 10:08:46 am »

The screen flicker, especially a toolbar and the task bar is still a problem with 21.37 whenever the track changes.  There was no problem with 21.34.  The problem occurs if MC is minimized or maximized and in focus.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 11:29:14 am »

The screen flicker, especially a toolbar and the task bar is still a problem with 21.37 whenever the track changes.  There was no problem with 21.34.  The problem occurs if MC is minimized or maximized and in focus.

I think that should be fixed next build.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 11:41:46 am »

I think that should be fixed next build.

As always, thank you.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 11:46:01 am »

As always, thank you.

Yeah, it was kind of a mystery tracking it down but it turned out to be because of the redraw code we added when resizing so that Action Windows draw after the tree is unhidden.

But the resize function is called lots and lots (like on next and previous track) and we only want it to redraw when the splitter has changed positions.

So that's what will happen next build.

tbng

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 02:37:36 pm »

I just downloaded v21.0.37, and now I no longer have audio.  I can see that JRiver is working, but not one sound can be heard.  My stereo is functioning on all other inputs.   My usual audio device is Meridian ID29 USB WASAPI, and device manager shows it as functioning normally.  I've tried other audio devices but none works.  Unless the USB cable died (it is connected) or the USB on my Meridian 861V8 coincidentally failed, my first thought is that something went wrong with v.37.  The only problem with that thought is that JRiver v.20.0.131 is now misbehaving exactly the same way.

SiGuy

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 04:07:19 pm »

MC 21.0.37 seems to have lost abilities to pan/zoom and use transitions during image playback.  I've tried both the default and the new experimental 2D renderer, disabled & re-enabled transitions & pan/zoom, nothing seems to restore these capablities.

I use MC a lot for image slideshows, and these are two of my most used image features.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 04:11:44 pm »

MC 21.0.37 seems to have lost abilities to pan/zoom and use transitions during image playback.  I've tried both the default and the new experimental 2D renderer, disabled & re-enabled transitions & pan/zoom, nothing seems to restore these capablities.

I use MC a lot for image slideshows, and these are two of my most used image features.

Has anyone else noticed this?

My images are still panning and zooming as they switch from one to the next.

Right-click and pick "Image Playback Settings..." while it's playing.  Make sure the pan & zoom is still enabled.

SiGuy

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 06:06:37 pm »

I've tried the Rt-Click-->Playback Options during image playback.  I've toggled the enable/disable several times.  Exited & restarted MC21, still not Pan/Zoom functionality.  I've tried on two different computers, both getting the images from the same NAS location, both behave the same way.  Correct images but no pan/zoom and no transitions.

Images are JPG, 8--60MB.  Computers are Win10/x64, Intel CPU, Intel Graphics, 16--64GB of RAM on the systems.   The Pan/Zoom enable toggle from the Tools-->Options & from Rt-Click during Playback weren't working.

I just noticed that I had some pending Win10 updates (Silverlight, C++ Runtime, etc.).  After the reboot, Pan/Zoom is working fine on both systems again.

User error, voodoo, or some real interaction due to the pending updates?

Thanks for the quick response.  I guess unless there's some way the pending updates could have prevented this functionality, there's no real issue here.

tbng

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 10:41:41 am »

I just downloaded v21.0.37, and now I no longer have audio.  I can see that JRiver is working, but not one sound can be heard.  My stereo is functioning on all other inputs.   My usual audio device is Meridian ID29 USB WASAPI, and device manager shows it as functioning normally.  I've tried other audio devices but none works.  Unless the USB cable died (it is connected) or the USB on my Meridian 861V8 coincidentally failed, my first thought is that something went wrong with v.37.  The only problem with that thought is that JRiver v.20.0.131 is now misbehaving exactly the same way.

There is a problem with v.37.  I just ran an install of v.34, and now I have audio.

RD James

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 07:09:43 am »

Player freezes every time when doing this: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102638
Not a new problem.

jjazdk

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 09:14:43 am »

This bug still needs to be addressed:

@Hendrik/Matt bug reported in http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99389.0 reproduced by me so seems real. Steps to reproduce

- set output format to 16 channels & ensure output device is in a mode that can accept 16 channels
- turn off all other DSP blocks
- create a convolver cfg like

Code: [Select]
48000 16 16 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Acourate\Filters\20150406-Aligned\Cor2S48_LR.wav

- play a stereo track
- confirm output appears on channels 1 & 2 as expected
- create new cfg

48000 16 16 0

- update convolver to point at new cfg
- confirm output remains on channels 1 & 2 as expected
(NB: you can add channels 5/6/7/8 to this and output will remain on channel 1/2)

- create new config and update convolver to use it

48000 16 16 0

- confirm that you now see output on 3 channels; 1,2,11
- confirm that channel 11 seems to be some clone of channel 1 (unsure if exact copy, haven't verified this)

- repeat previous step adding channels from 11-15 and confirm that additional cloned channels appear in the output on a 1 to 1 basis (i.e. adding 11 to the cfg results in output on channel 12 assuming 0 based index on the input and 1 based on the output)

- if you have a 24 channel device, continue adding outputs until

// this one creates a rogue output
// this one does not create an additional output

i.e. the bug is something funky is going on with channel routings when applying a path to channels 10-19 in the convolver
Working on my 12 channel JRiver entertainment center :-)

sheppaul

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 03:59:59 am »

MC gets its Movie information from www.themoviedb.org.

I'm trying MC and found an interesting thing. I've never known TMDB is available in my native language. Is there any way (setting) to get the movie data of my own language while retrieving Movie information from www.themoviedb.org?

ps. There is one small bug in Movie View. If playback method (of file types in preferences) is associated with external program (default), the focus of the first running of any movie from Movie View is not passed over the external program. MC still holds the focus after starting playback in this case. So it's not possible to control playback in external program. The problem only occurs in Movie View.

Escaiguolquer

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 02:28:07 pm »

Hi.
I installed JRiver 21 and purchased the license. But I have a problem: I can not select JRiver as "playback device" in the sound options on my PC, because it is not in the list of devices.
I am also a user of Tidal, and JRiver not among the audio output devices.
Please help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 02:31:50 pm »

CountryBumkin

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 10:48:58 am »

Hi.
I installed JRiver 21 and purchased the license. But I have a problem: I can not select JRiver as "playback device" in the sound options on my PC, because it is not in the list of devices.
I am also a user of Tidal, and JRiver not among the audio output devices.
Please help.

You do not select JRiver in the Windows Sound Properties (unless you are using the "JRiver" WDM driver, in which case needs to be turned on here first: Tools>Options>General>Features>WDM Driver). In Windows you would show whatever Sound Device is in/connected to your computer. It might be something like "High Definition Audio Device" or such.

If not using WDM, then in Tools>Options>Audio>Audio Devices you select the Sound card (or On-Board Sound) that's in your computer (i.e. High Definition Sound Device [WASAPI]) .

Escaiguolquer

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 12:50:38 pm »

Thanks for your help.

I have already solved, I turned on WDM and have selected as audio output in the Audio options of Windows.

Then in JRiver on the "audio device" I selected my Dac (TEAC UD-501), and Tidal've selected as audio output device MJriver.

For now, everything is perfect, and I can enjoy my music and MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up