INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple CD Sets  (Read 1887 times)

pks1414

• Recent member
Multiple CD Sets
« on: January 19, 2016, 12:14:37 pm »

I have a number of albums in my collection that are multiple disc sets. A prime example is the Bowie Platinum collection, this is a 3 part collection and JRiver does show it as Disc 1,2 &3. I have been trying to select one of the discs to play all tracks but it doesn't seem to want to let me, is it actually possible to do this ?

Thanks

Paul

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Multiple CD Sets
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 01:33:14 pm »

I do this all the time. I also tend to edit the tags on multiple disc sets, so that all discs share the same title and the disc tag reflects the disc number.

However, I've not had the problem.

Can you be more specific as to what you do and what MC does when you try to play a disc?

pks1414

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 02:37:08 pm »

Hi

When I look at the album or set on MC there is a grey line above each set of songs which defines what would be the relevant CD i.e Disc 1. I tried pressing that but nothing happens ( presumably nothing is supposed to happen ) so I don't know how I would select and play all the songs on that particular disc in a multiple disc set

Cheers

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 02:44:15 pm »

It sounds like you have the disc numbers in the album tag so they show as three different albums. There are two ways to turn them into one album.  - using the disc # tag with the tracks one each disc starting at 1 or leaving the disc # tag blank and just number all the tracks sequential. In either case, all the tracks need the same album and artist tag.

To see them all as one set using the disc #  you just put the disc number in the disc # tag. You will them see one "album", as long as the artist and album tags are all the same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up