INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Hulu to Theater View?  (Read 3745 times)

MuseChaser

• Recent member
Adding Hulu to Theater View?
« on: January 25, 2016, 06:10:25 am »

I've added AmazonPrime as a webpage and it shows up and works flawlessly from Theater View.  However, when I try and do that w/ Hulu, it never shows up.  What am I doing wrong?  

AND.. is there a way to get AmazonPrime and Hulu to appear as a submenu under "Video" rather than in the main menu line of Theater View?  

In general I'm very impressed w/ the software and I bought it at the end of the trial period.  It's so good that the trial worked as it should; once you've used it, you can't imagine being without it!  I'm currently in the process of building a NUC-based HTPC to get the most out of it, and would like to rely on Theater View as much as possible in that implementation.  

Thanks again for your help,

Barry

MuseChaser

• Recent member
Re: Adding Hulu to Theater View?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 06:57:31 am »

Re/ my question about getting AmazonPrime to be a submenu... nevermind, I figured out the nesting/unnesting commands.  Not real intuitive, but I got it.  Sorry to bother you with that.  I'm still baffled by the inability to get Hulu to appear in Theater View.  Help?

Thanks..

Barry

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:21:54 am »

Re/ my question about getting AmazonPrime to be a submenu... nevermind, I figured out the nesting/unnesting commands.  Not real intuitive, but I got it.  Sorry to bother you with that.  I'm still baffled by the inability to get Hulu to appear in Theater View.  Help?

Thanks..

Barry

I think it's a legacy issue: JRiver used to have an actual integrated API for Hulu, but it got turned off/disconnected.  At that time, because there was a special "Hulu" view you couldn't make your own view with that name.  The view maker code probably still thinks there's a "special" Hulu entry and refuses to make a user-defined one with that name.  If you make a link to Hulu but name it something slightly different (i.e. "Hulu Integration" or something) does it work?  If so, it's just a bug in the detection left over from the old days.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 07:22:03 am »

A few weeks back there was a post about Users not being able to get Amazon to play (show video image) inside MC. I didn't read here that the issue was solved. I believe the issue was related to Amazon Prime switching to html5 or similar.

Are you able to watch Amazon Prime in full screen within MC? If yes, what is your setup in Theater View?

MuseChaser

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 07:33:55 am »

First.. THANKS!  Yep, all I had to do was misspell Hulu... Huluu works fine, as does Huloo.  So stupid. 

In any case, yes, I am able to watch AmazonPrime and now Hulu full screen from JRMC21, accessed directly from Theater View.  To get both of them to work, I used the same procedure;  "Add Webpage," then pasted the urls in.  For Amazon, I had logged into Prime from my regular browser first then navigated to my watchlist.  I copied THAT url and used that as the webpage url in MC.  Hulu's url doesn't change as you navigate w/in that site, for some reason, so I just used Hulu.com.  It still shows me as logged in, perhaps because I had already entered in the necessary login info on the "services" section of MC's options setup menus. 

Does that help?

Thanks again for the tip on changing the name "Hulu" to something else.  Maybe I'll go w/ Poo-lu!

Barry

Delty

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 11:12:55 am »

Hi,

I just ponied up for my JMC license so I'm new to all of this, but so far I really like it!  I'm having similar problems with Hulu integration (I just named it "Hulu " with a space at the end to get it onto the Theater menu.)  In any case, I'm not sure what my expectations should be with the integration.  Basically it just opens hulu.com inside of MC and I have to use a mouse to navigate.  Based on what I've read in the forums are there supposed to be navigational rollers at the top, because I'm not seeing those if there are?  The same goes for Amazon Prime Video and Netflix (which I know is no longer working.)

There are current plug-ins for WMC that integrate at least Amazon and Netflix (see http://sharepointadept.com/netflix-for-windows-media-center/ and http://sharepointadept.com/amazonmceaddin/) and which appear to use a back-end lightweight web server service to scrape the web pages and bring them into WMC so you can operate them and play content seamlessly.  I have both of them running on my WMC test machine (on Windows 10 no less) and they work very well.  Could a similar approach be taken with MC to get around needing to have API licenses for any streaming providers?

Thanks,

-=Delty

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 11:47:33 am »

Interesting.

I had to look up SharePoint.
Pages: [1]   Go Up