INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem copying more than 2 CDs  (Read 2187 times)

snetrem

Problem copying more than 2 CDs
« on: February 17, 2016, 02:50:51 pm »

Hello! I'm using mediacenter 21 with windows 10. I have the problem that I cannot copy more then two CDs. If I try to copy an third one, mediacenter freezes by "analysing CD". I have to restart my system bevore i can copy the next 2 CDs. That's boring. Can anybody help?

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
Re: Problem copying more than 2 CDs
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 10:12:49 pm »

Hello! I'm using mediacenter 21 with windows 10. I have the problem that I cannot copy more then two CDs. If I try to copy an third one, mediacenter freezes by "analysing CD". I have to restart my system bevore i can copy the next 2 CDs. That's boring. Can anybody help?
I have a similar issue for which I have posted as well. The below is copied/pasted from the thread I started at:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103115.0

For me, it seems this freezing up is occurring at the end of ripping a CD, and if MC has been minimized during ripping, it will not allow me to maximize MC and it will not allow me to right click on MC’s icon in the task bar to close the program, it does nothing when right or left clicked on.

The only options I have are either to restart the computer without closing MC or end the MC process in task manager. And I suspect either way could have damaging effects on MC.

I have noticed there are at least six current posts of issues with MC21 freezing up for one reason or another :(
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem copying more than 2 CDs
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 05:36:04 am »

Test this to see if this solves the problem ... uncheck the Option "Analyze Audio during ripping" (Options=>CD,DVD=>CD Ripping=>Expert Options). Analysis could hang/loop as it could add significant time to the rip process. Not checking this will not affect the quality of the rip.

If you still want audio analysis done automatically, this can still be done by configuring your autoimport options.

(FWIW -  audio analysis especially on video files can really slow things down, so personally, I never have this running on automatic. It is very easy to set up an admin view or just a smartlist that will indicate which files have not been analyzed. Just select the files right click on run the analysis tool)
Pages: [1]   Go Up