INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Series recording of show that doesn't match search rules  (Read 3816 times)

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe
Series recording of show that doesn't match search rules
« on: March 04, 2016, 05:32:22 pm »

I had a recording show up a few nights ago that is odd.  According to the Recordings view in Standard View, it was recorded as part of my "NHL Hockey Boston Bruins" rule.  It was only a partial recording (18 minutes) of the Pittsburgh at Washington game and didn't have the word Boston anywhere in the EPG metadata as far as I can tell.

My recording rule is setup as follows:

Search rules:

([Name] Contains "NHL Hockey"
[Series] Contains "NHL Hockey")
([Description] Contains "Boston at"
[Description] Contains "at Boston")

So this should require the EPG data to have a name or series that contains "NHL Hockey" AND a description that contains either "Boston at" or "at Boston" in the text.  I'll save this recording for now in case additional info is needed.

So far, this is the only issue I've had with the new recording rules.  Otherwise, they seem to have been working quite well.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Series recording of show that doesn't match search rules
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 05:50:29 pm »

So it wasn't just left over Time Shifting files?

It was actually listed in the MC library as a recording in its own right?

Very strange.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

greynolds

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 07:32:51 pm »

So it wasn't just left over Time Shifting files?

It was actually listed in the MC library as a recording in its own right?

Very strange.
No, definitely not left over time shifting files.  A Bruins game was on at the same time on a different channel and did record properly, so this was just an extra (partial) recording and was listed separately in the library just like any other recording.  Relatively harmless as this is obviously better than missing a recording, but definitely strange.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 06:04:36 am »

When I was investigating my unplanned recordings a while back, I found that if I use "Contains = XYZ", MC would record any show that has "X" or "XY" or "XYZ" or "YZ" or "Z" in the name.
I had to switch my Rules to "Is = XYZ". 

In my example I had Recording Rules set as "Contains = NOVA", and it recorded the movie "Donovan's Reef". Could that be the reason?

greynolds

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 08:56:02 am »

When I was investigating my unplanned recordings a while back, I found that if I use "Contains = XYZ", MC would record any show that has "X" or "XY" or "XYZ" or "YZ" or "Z" in the name.
I had to switch my Rules to "Is = XYZ". 

In my example I had Recording Rules set as "Contains = NOVA", and it recorded the movie "Donovan's Reef". Could that be the reason?
Since I have to key off of the description, I have to use the contains option because the description will be something like "Boston at Washington.  Last time these 2 teams met, blah blah blah...".  So the text after "Boston at {{whateverTeamThey'rePlaying}}" or "{{whateverTeamThey'rePlaying}} at Boston" isn't something that's the same every time.  In this particular case, the description text does not have Boston in it, so it shouldn't have matched.  It's also odd that it only recorded it for 18 minutes, almost as if it started recording and then the recording engine said to itself "crap, this one doesn't have Boston in it - ABORT, ABORT!!!". :)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 02:41:22 pm »

Or it just refuses to record Boston Games... That would make sense :):)

greynolds

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 05:33:05 pm »

Or it just refuses to record Boston Games... That would make sense :):)
Not to someone living in the Boston area.  For us, it would make sense for it to refuse to record Montreal games for hockey, New York for baseball, and so on.  ;)

Since Yaobing fixed the issue with the repeat flag being set in some cases where it shouldn't be, it has yet to miss recording a Boston Bruins game for me.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 07:14:18 pm »

;) One thing is for sure, I wouldn't want it to miss a habs vs bruins game!
Pages: [1]   Go Up