INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] MC2XML (non Rovi) not actually updating automatically  (Read 27333 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: [SOLVED] MC2XML (non Rovi) not actually updating automatically
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2016, 07:26:11 am »

Yes I run the .exe within MC and not using the task scheduler.

It's still strange as those profiles are in separate folders so even if I don't specify command lines the .exe files should use the default .dat and .chl files in those separate folders but MC is ignoring this...

So I have one mc2xml_OTA folder and one mc2xml_STB folder.  Every time I run the load program guide it will indeed use the 2 separate executable files pointing at separate folders but uses the same .dat and .chl for both profiles!  Only way to circumvent the issue is by passing the full command lines.

Very strange.  Best way is to try it you'll see what I mean.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2016, 07:44:48 am »

I just tried this again just to make sure it wasn't my config and I confirm I can reproduce the issue 100% of the time.

Again if I put full command line options specifying the path of the .dat, .chl and .xml it works fine for both profiles.

I think we discussed this before in this same post...Could it get confused with the "internal" mc2xml and using some cache file somewhere instead?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2016, 08:14:55 am »

It's still strange as those profiles are in separate folders so even if I don't specify command lines the .exe files should use the default .dat and .chl files in those separate folders but MC is ignoring this...

So your mc2xml executables are in separate folders for the two profiles?  That should have worked.  Indeed strange.

Could it get confused with the "internal" mc2xml and using some cache file somewhere instead?

I don't think there can be any confusion here.  The internal version is used in a separate code block.  With the XMLTV option, the external executable is used, as provided by the user.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up