INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locating duplicate Albums  (Read 1555 times)

drc

• World Citizen
Locating duplicate Albums
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:31:42 pm »

I'm trying to locate duplicate albums, but MC is clearly missing albums that are apparently the same.  I'm suspecting the issue is
the way i have it labeled.

Example

Nightbird vs.  Nightbird - (Mastered)

Most of the audio programs I use will over look and titles with - (Remastered).

Is there a way see only the album and not that it is a remastered.

thanks

jjazdk

• World Citizen
Re: Locating duplicate Albums
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 04:51:35 am »

I have found that the easiest way is to use "disk" mode and search for specific words.
Working on my 12 channel JRiver entertainment center :-)

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Locating duplicate Albums
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 05:20:36 am »

fist you have to define what is a duplicate for you.  If album name is part of the definition then your example should not show as a duplicate.

for me I use this ... you can copy the code and import into a smartlist (click on the import/export box), or modify it to suit what you consider a duplicate. I find this better used an an actual View as you can create panes to easily filter out what you want to remove, rather than selecting individual tracks.

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] ~dup=[Album],[Album Artist],[Name],[Track #] ~sort=[Album Artist],[Album],[Disc #],[Track #]
[Album],[Album Artist],[Name],[Track #] have to be the same for it to show any duplicates with this expression.

You could remove the [Album] tag in the search to respond to your example ... most people would not consider a remastered version as a dupe you see, but if you want to cull out one of the versions this could work. Also removing album would often show up Live versions and studio versions as dupes ... but you can do anything you want, which is not the case of a lot of other "audio programs"

post back if you need more help :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up