INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: automatic switch per Genre for the Alternate Display  (Read 2467 times)

Otello

• World Citizen

Well, I don't know how and why other people use the alternate display; on my side I use it for classical music to show additional tags, like Composer and Conductor.
So, what about an automatic switch, configurable by Genres?

BTW, I'd be curious to know different reasons for using the alternate display  ;)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request: automatic switch per Genre for the Alternate Display
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 03:21:47 pm »

i use the alternate text to display secondary information (remaster info, catalog numbers, etc.) that i don't want cluttering my main view.

i certainly see why you want to have it auto-change, it's not something i care much about but i would use it if it was there!  It would have to configure based on any field, not just genre though

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:29:02 pm »

The Customize Display dialog is extremely configurable because it understands all of JRiver MC's Expression Language.  This means that it understands conditionals including if() , ifelse() , etc.

So you can build your own display logic that switches based on Genre(s) using the existing functionality.  I use this to show the Disk # field for songs that have a Disk #. For ones that don't, nothing is shown.

Code: [Select]
if(isempty([disc #]), , / D[disc #])
This logic is extensible to keying on any field you want and changing the entire display, or just portions of it.  You just wrap those portions of the display in if() constructs and it should all work.

Brian.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 08:53:23 pm »

Thanks Blgentry!

I never even bothered to try expressions up there. 

RD James

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 09:31:47 pm »

I use this to show the Disk # field for songs that have a Disk #. For ones that don't, nothing is shown.
For this, the delimit function is better suited. http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Formatting_Functions#Delimit

Code: [Select]
Delimit([Disc #], , / D)

Otello

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 05:44:49 am »

The Customize Display dialog is extremely configurable because it understands all of JRiver MC's Expression Language.  This means that it understands conditionals including if() , ifelse() , etc.

Great!

I retire my request.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up