INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Television - No volume on a FEW channels  (Read 1892 times)

Norman Keeland

Television - No volume on a FEW channels
« on: February 02, 2016, 08:44:45 pm »

I have used MC for awhile and have never had issues until last year around October.  When watching local channel 11, I noticed that there was no sound, the main sound.  I here all the back ground sounds, just not the talking sounds.  Later, channel 4 starting having the same issues.  At this time, all other channels are sounding perfect (ch 5,8,13,21...etc).  Playing MP3 files, there is no sound problems.
This started with MC 18, now I am using MC 20 and still have the same problem.  Using a twin tuner, Hauppauge WinTV-7164; that I have been using since late 2013.  Thank you - Norman

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Television - No volume on a FEW channels
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 08:52:27 pm »

You may have 5.1 sound playing on two speakers, or similar.  Check your receiver's settings and the DSP Studio/Output Settings in MC.

Norman Keeland

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 06:55:49 pm »

Thanks Jim for your reply.  I checked the settings and do not see anything out of line.  I don't understand how one day all worked well, then the next day the Center channel had issues - with only 1 channel being effective (then a month later, a second channel).  Oh - will continue to research the problem and when I find it, I will update my post.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 07:08:44 pm »

What are you outputting from MC? 5.1 channel PCM, or just the TV AAC or AC3 5.1 streams, to be decoded in your AVR?

Does your setup play AC3 and AAC 5.1 channel media correctly? Find some good sample files and test this.

It almost sounds like your AVR/Amp is dropping channels, rather than a MC issue. Especially as it has been going on for a while, and has been progressive.

All physical connections solid? Got output on all speaker outs? Do you have an equaliser display of what your AVR/Amp is doing?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up