INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing albums help  (Read 2531 times)

felixleiter

Editing albums help
« on: February 01, 2016, 07:37:28 pm »

I just ripped a 2 CD album and the player lumped all the songs together.  I have two #1 songs, two #2 songs, three#3 songs and so forth.  How do I fix this to separate the two discs?  I tried the Wiki but I couldn't find a solution.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Editing albums help
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 07:55:42 pm »

Assign a disc # to the songs, and MC will turn it into a 2 disc album

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 05:07:31 am »

what Ferday said :), that will fix it, you can even use the library tool Fill track Number from list order so that can have all tracks sequentially in the ablum -- your choice.

If your album is split into 2 -- you can change the album name to be the same Like White Album - Disk1 to just White Album. All track will stil be in order, but grouped as they should be under one album .. provideed that the disck numbers are correctly tagged like Ferday suggested

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 11:11:12 pm »

Let's say you want to assign disk numbers to the tracks.  How do you figure out which track goes on which disc?  You can look them all up and assign them individually, but that's a lot of tedious work.  Wouldn't it be nice if you could just sort the list and have it group them correctly somehow?  Well, if you ripped them all at the same time (like from CDs), then you can.

Add the Date Created column to the file display.  Then sort by it.  That should sort disk 1 track1, then disc 1 track 2, etc.  So all you have to do then is highlight the first group and assign Disc # to "1".  Then highlight the second group and assign Disk # as "2".  Easy.

Brian.

felixleiter

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 10:56:22 am »

Thanks everybody.  I just got back from a business trip and read all the replies.  Thanks again.  You've been a big help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up