INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import Movie .nfo Kodi Problem  (Read 4111 times)

ObiDynamo

Import Movie .nfo Kodi Problem
« on: February 08, 2016, 11:53:40 am »

Hi,

i have some problems with the import of my movie Collection. My Movie Collection is tagged with Kodi.
JRiver does not import the tag field "plot". It looks like jriver doesnt use the plot tag. All other tag fields like actors, year, genre etc. does work, only the plot field doesnt work. How can i import the plot tag from the Kodi .nfo in JRiver?

best regards!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Import Movie .nfo Kodi Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 01:56:26 pm »

Sorry I'm not a real video enthusiast, so if nothing else I'll bump you post  8)

I'm guessing that the Description field in JRiver is the Kodi plot field. You can remap field names to custom fields provided that the metadata is written to the file. Thats normally not a big issue with audio files, but you are talking about a video file. Most video "tags" are contained in sidecar files (ending in xml extension), depending on the format. I have no clue about Kodi's tagging. But check to see what is written to the file you are importing ... if "plot" exists (sometimes what you see on the screen is not exactly the field name in the file itself), create a custom field exactly as it shows in the metadata of the file. If it its in a sidecar file, open the xml file and check.

I have never tried this but maybe if the data in contained in an xml file it could be imported from that ... really not sure. Again to test you'd have to create a custom field using exactly the same name. It doesn't hurt to try. If you can import your field in the new custom field, you could then easily port it over to the standard "Description" field, just by selecting all the files and adding a little expression.

Short of this you could have JRiver retag this information for you, which is semi-automatic.

Mmaybe someone else could chime in to give you more definite information ?

ObiDynamo

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 02:29:03 pm »

thx for your quick reply. The tags from Kodi are in a separate file (.nfo file). In this .nfo file is a line named "plot", which contains a description/summary of the movie.

I would try your hint to remap the field names to custom fields. But i dont know how to create a custom field in jriver and how to change the name of it. Can you help?

Thx and good evening!

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 02:41:37 pm »

Options=Library&Folders=>Manage Library Fields and click add in the pop up box.

However I sort of doubt it can import it "nfo" not a real common extension. I suppose you could try, you can always delete the custom field later.

You could edit it and dump it in an xml file, but as I said that might not work either (have never tried as I said). You'd probably be better off just retagging (faster at least). Why don't you test one film using the auto tagger too (right click on file or thumbnail and get movie info or some such). If you have thousands of films, I can appreciate you not wanting to that though  ;)

Funny though I know that there are a lot of user that have come here from Kodi, maybe give the thread a bit more time for others that know more can respond.

ObiDynamo

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 02:47:03 pm »

thx very much! it works! :)

I create the custom field "plot" as you told me.
And there it is: the full text from the "kodi" - plot tag!
Now i only have to semi automate copy it to description tag and voila - i dont need kodi anymore ;-)

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 06:40:35 pm »

You can copy data from field to field pretty easily with two different methods:

A.  Use the move/copy fields tool.
1.  Highlight some files you want to do this with.
2. <right  click> Library Tools > Move / Copy fields
3.  Fill out the form and hit ok.

B.  Use an expression.
1.  Highlight some files you want to do this with.
2.  Open the tagging pane (Edit > Tag, or <alt>enter)
3.  Find the field you want to paste into.  In this example Description.  In that field type:
=[Plot]

The = tells it you are going to use an expression and the next thing is just the field name and the brackets tell it that it's a field.  Expressions are super powerful and can do lots more than this.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up