INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confusing time-shifting prompts for subscribed recordings  (Read 2502 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Confusing time-shifting prompts for subscribed recordings
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:05:08 pm »

1. I'm currently watching a channel (not being recorded)
2 Then from the theater guide view I click on a subscribed recording  for the daily evening news(which is about 45/60 minutes done)
3. I get a time shifting prompt to ask if I want to keep it or not...Thinking it was for the show in 1. I choose do not keep time-shifting
Guess what? It wasn't for the previous show but for the subscribed recording..I lost the beginning of my recording!
This has been happening quite often recently and will need to get fixed.

When selecting a currently recording show we should never get a time-shifting prompt no matter where we start it from, whether it'd be from the recent recordings in theater view, the guide theater views OR the standard view

Thx

EDIT: MC Just crashed and when it reopened I found the second part of the recording..

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Confusing time-shifting prompts for subscribed recordings
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 12:23:37 am »

Don't you record TV in TS format?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 07:07:15 am »

How many tuners do you have?  Was the recording scheduled to record on the same device?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 08:12:22 am »

I have 4 ATSC cards + the colossus.

The previous show I was watching and not recording was on the colossus.  The news was on one of the ATSC card and I was also recording something on another ATSC card from 10 to 11 pm.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 03:59:02 pm »

MC will not ask you whether you want to save time-shifting, when you start to watch something, be it a currently recording channel, or a non-recording channel.  It asks the question only when you stop watching a show, and if your setting is "ask".

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 06:12:08 pm »

OK. But even if my setting is "ask", it should not ask me for a show that is being recorded (subscription or else) and that is what is happening.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 06:22:07 pm »

OK. But even if my setting is "ask", it should not ask me for a show that is being recorded (subscription or else) and that is what is happening.

This is debatable.  I see your reasoning.  But when a show is being recorded while you are watching the channel, the time-shifting butter may contain more than the show being recorded.  It may contain the show before that one.  And thus it may still be worth saving.  I suppose I can make the program a little smarter so it can determine whether the time-shifting buffer contains more than the program being recorded.  If so it can still ask.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 07:58:12 pm »

Totally makes sense I agree...
So...without changing anything, maybe have an extra liner in the prompt to let the users know it may also be a current or subscribed recording...
Thanks Yaobing. As always, I appreciate the feedback thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up