INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: custom user field...how to find it on different installation?  (Read 1292 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
custom user field...how to find it on different installation?
« on: February 10, 2016, 05:25:17 am »

i have a "new" laptop installation that i'm using while out of country for several months.  i chose not to delete my main library from home and import a new library, since i can only take so much of my stuff with me.  i didn't have the wherewithal to copy any views or anything from my main install

so...i have sub genre tags on all my stuff (files just copied onto HDD), and i can see them in the tag dump

but...i can't see them by creating a new custom field [sub genre].  my guess is, that i've gotten something slightly wrong in how i set up the "new" sub genre field vs. the original

is there a way to re-create this to get it to display right?  as i said, i can see it in the tag dump so i know the info is there.  i'm already 11,000 miles from home so can't just go take a look LOL

thanks for any suggestions

blgentry

Re: custom user field...how to find it on different installation?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 07:48:03 am »

Have you run Library Tools > Update Library (from tags) after creating the new fields?  That should do it.

Brian.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: custom user field...how to find it on different installation?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 07:36:57 am »

I'm going to blame the jet lag, that was too simple.  Thanks as always Brian

It is really slow though to do so, if I go in chunks much larger than 2000 files it'll freeze the whole UI for quite some time.  But it does seem to plow through eventually so I'll just leave it overnight and see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up