INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import using Tags does not recognize Boxsets or TV Series  (Read 1429 times)

Madmaxie

• Recent member
Import using Tags does not recognize Boxsets or TV Series
« on: February 13, 2016, 09:23:02 pm »

I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night with V21 - no problems

I followed the instructions to import my DVD collection which I use myMovies to manage with no problems except it does not recognize Boxsets or TV Series.

I have movies in a separate directory (V:Videos) to the my TV Series (T: TV Series) on my Windows Server 2012 R2 system. I imported movies first and then I tried to import TV Series under Shows but everything has been located under Files.

Everything is perfect when viewed thru Windows Media Center (I have it working in Windows 10).

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Import using Tags does not recognize Boxsets or TV Series
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 09:25:24 am »

It sounds like MC has guessed incorrectly when importing these files.  The way MC displays Video content is based on a field called [Media Subtype] .  If it's set to "Movie" then it will appear under Movies.  If [Media Subtype] = "TV Show", then it will show up in the Shows view.

The answer is really easy:  Just highlight all of your files that are TV Shows, open the Tagging Window (Edit > Tag) and set the [Media Subtype] to TV Show.

If you're using Auto Import on those directories, you might want to set the Media Subtype on import.  That's one of the options you can use with auto import, so it can automatically apply the correct tags based on what directory the files are in.  I have mine set up that way, because I put all of my TV shows under one top level directory.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up