INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable retrieving cover art from the internet  (Read 3040 times)

Rrolack

• Recent member
Disable retrieving cover art from the internet
« on: February 15, 2016, 09:38:44 pm »

Currently in MC, when an album is missing cover art, MC often finds cover art on the internet to display.

Is there a way to turn off the "find cover art on the internet" feature?  In particular, the reasons I want to do so are:

• Sometimes, the internet art is incorrect.
  • If an album is missing cover art, I'd prefer to manually add cover art on disc, thus fixing the issue for real.  Having MC add its own art basically papers over the situation.

Any suggestions?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Disable retrieving cover art from the internet
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 09:48:01 pm »

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Configure auto import > tasks > Get cover art > (uncheck)

Brian.

Rrolack

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 09:59:52 pm »

Nice, thanks!

Just to be sure: with this option unchecked, will MC still get cover art from my local location (in my case, folder.jpg), thus only disabling internet retrieval?  Or is all retrieval of covert art (both local and internet) controlled by this option?

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 10:16:30 pm »

I *think* that just disables Internet art lookups.  But I'm not 100% sure.  Give it a try and see.

You can always do any of these operations manually:  You can do selective Get from Internet, add from file, copy and paste etc.  That check box just disables the automatic lookup.

Brian.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 04:21:00 am »

just adding to what Brain already said, if you uncheck the import option and the similar option under ripping. There won't be any automation. You can still select files and right click to get from their database if you want. Also by using a link (the links bar feature must be selected in Options) by clicking on manage links you can set up a semi-automatic lookup)

if you want to mess around, with this you can add a new link (right click on link area of content pane then manage links) and copy this code and use the paste button

Code: [Select]
<Link version="1,2">
<Item Name="Name">Cover Art</Item>
<Item Name="Action">1</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">https://www.google.com</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">https:////www.google.com//search?as_st=y&amp;tbm=isch&amp;as_q=Hexify([Album Artist (auto)] [Album])&amp;safe=images&amp;tbs=isz:lt,islt:xga,iar:s,imgo:1&amp;biw=1097&amp;bih=567</Item>
<Item Name="Filter">[Media Type]=[Audio],[Image],[Video]</Item>
</Link>

This will search on album artist + album in google for images larger than 1024x768 pixels

Just to be sure: with this option unchecked, will MC still get cover art from my local location (in my case, folder.jpg), thus only disabling internet retrieval? 
to insure that the standard folder.jpg "rule" is followed  make sure you use this option File Location=>Cover Art=>Audio Mode "in the same folder as the file as folder.jpg Note: I do this religiously, but what is really important are the embedded images. You can even do without artwork completely if the tracks themselves are properly tagged with an embedded image. There are reasons to keep the file though, so I recommend you use this options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up