INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow Motion - How to Turn off  (Read 1905 times)

SerenityNow

• Recent member
Slow Motion - How to Turn off
« on: February 16, 2016, 07:47:00 am »

Apparently reinstalling MC21 is the only way to turn it off?

If so, I won't be using it that much.

Update: To turn off slow motion, play a video and reset the speed to normal.

I suggest you change the slow-motion playback feature so that:
1. Activating slow motion applies only to videos and not podcasts or anything else
2. It lasts for the duration of one video only and then turns off.

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Slow Motion - How to Turn off
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 09:41:15 am »

Yes, this is one area where I'd like the feature to reset itself after a single use.
What I'd also like to see is "speed controls" instead of "slow motion" controls. Every video player on the web now does 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, and 2x playback.
It really needs to work without disabling videoclock or at least re-enabling it after playing the current video.
Can't you just apply the multiplier to videoclock to allow for speed changes without disabling the feature entirely?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Slow Motion - How to Turn off
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 04:01:19 pm »

This would be nice to have.

I read an article recently that espoused the idea that all Podcasts should be watched at 1.5x or 2.0x speed, to save you time while still being able to understand what was being said. It is true, many Podcasts are full of wasted time and fillers, so zipping through one while also reading email isn't an impossible task.

It would be nice if the higher speeds where smoother as well, since the 5x, 10x, 20x speeds are actually just fast slideshows of video frames.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up