INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyboard focus problem  (Read 23269 times)

fdewit

• Recent member
Re: Keyboard focus problem
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2016, 12:44:41 pm »

Again, as requested, 'Media keys' set to 'App commands' failed, now I changed to 'Hot Keys'.
Question why is there noting to find about this option?

Regards,
Frans.

Fourth and last option tested, and yes a lockup. My first question, that comes to mind, why?

fdewit

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2016, 12:49:45 pm »

Again, as requested, 'Media keys' set to 'App commands' failed, now I changed to 'Hot Keys'.
Question why is there noting to find about this option?

Regards,
Frans.

Please, is there an answer to this question?

fdewit

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2016, 12:51:41 pm »

I just checked the NVidia driver (installed just, after a fresh install many updated are pushed to the machine by microsoft) and the current installed driver is 10.18.13.5362. The new driver was yesterday evening installed, by the update process, at 5.13.38 PM

If NVidia is, potentialy, the problem what video-card would JRiver recomend? or list as a 'safe'-bet :)

Please, Any responce to this question?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2016, 12:53:37 pm »

Did you try one of the older video drivers that people have reported as working?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99342.msg704776#msg704776 (for example)

fdewit

• Recent member
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2016, 12:55:25 pm »

p.s. Are we talking abou this https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms646275(v=vs.85).aspx when pointing at the 'app commands' selection in 'media keys'?

Is it possible to get an answer on this, I may be able to create some background process that forces attention(focus) back to the full-screen application (like JRiver Media Center) in a situation like this, at the least I could try to debug the win-messages and see where it goes wrong.

fdewit

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2016, 12:58:16 pm »

Did you try one of the older video drivers that people have reported as working?

I will, but I am not able to do it at this moment, it will have to wait until tomorrow. And besides that it is no solution. For commercial reasons I need to have a solid product (see also my other questions).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2016, 12:59:58 pm »

A "solid product" might well use an older driver if it works better than the latest one.

fdewit

• Recent member
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2016, 01:04:36 pm »

A "solid product" might well use an older driver if it works better than the latest one.

That I can not do, any product should survive windows updates (at the least 99% of the time :))

fdewit

• Recent member
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2016, 01:07:55 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99342.msg704776#msg704776 (for example)

Or in other words, yes I will (just to guaranty that it was de video card/driver). But until now I was bussy doing the tests that ware requested by JRiver

fdewit

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2016, 01:16:46 pm »

Thanks for all the people that helped me, at the moment it looks like the video card/driver is the problem. I will try to solve the issue in that direction. Again thanks for the friendly information.

Regards,
Frans.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up