INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC2XML Import No Longer Works (v48)  (Read 8645 times)

Benkasey

• Recent member
MC2XML Import No Longer Works (v48)
« on: February 17, 2016, 01:38:13 pm »

JRiver version 21.0.48 no longer imports program guide data from MC2XML (schedulesdirect.org). The xmltv.xml file clearly contains data. When I click Import in JRiver it no longer shows the step for channel mapping. Import worked fine in v45.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC2XML Import No Longer Works (v48)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 03:05:28 pm »

Try clearing the Guide Data, and then reimporting your latest XMLTV file. If you get data in the Guide, then it is working. Perhaps all your channels are mapped automatically and you don't need to see or take action at that step, so it is skipped. I don't actually know if MC skips that step if all channels are mapped automatically, because I always have a few that aren't.

BTW, if you are using mc2xml with Schedules Direct you are breaking their T&Cs. You should be using the commercial version of Schedules Direct, called PercData.

Also, if you are doing the above, you must be running an external version of mc2xml, which is creating an XMLTV file for you, and you are importing that. Importing XMLTV files still works in MC21.0.48, at least on my system.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 05:37:08 pm »

Working fine on mine here v48
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Benkasey

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 01:53:52 am »

OK, so I reverted back to v45 but the Program Guide still doesn't load. So I guess this isn't a v48 bug. I tried clearing the Guide but that didn't help. It looks like the next step is trying a subscription. I think they have a 7 day free trial. Hopefully that works and I can get my Program Guide back, as TV is useless without it.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 06:45:58 am »

Same here - not working - at least not working when manually run.
I had guide data for today (xmltv.xml file imported at 7:30Am as scheduled), then I cleared the Guide and tried to reload the guide, but nothing happens. The Guide remains empty.

I reset the scheduled "loading" to 8AM to see if the automatic guide data loading works. I'll report back shortly. UPDATE: Automatic (per schedule set in "Load Program Guide Data") loading works

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 08:12:54 am »

I can confirm this, loading it manually. Same problem on three computers all runing Win 10. The problem was introduced in v45 for me though. Opgrading to v48 didn't fix it. I had to run the TV set-up again. After that the EPG got loaded during the set-up process, but was broken again after the set-up process, when trying to load the XML manually.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 08:51:40 am »

I think there is some kind of bug in MC2XML where is NEEDS to be pointed to the xml file AND the dat file or it won't run properly. So make sure your MC guide setup look like this and it will work:

ps. I put in the extra tag (-d 337) to get 2 weeks of data.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 09:13:07 am »

I am loading EPG from a external XML file created by EPG Collector. It fails, doing nothing when I try to load it manually.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 09:41:27 am »

I can confirm that the guide does load "automatically" per the its schedule/time as set in the "load program guide" settings. It just doesn't load when run manually (when "run selected profiles now" is checked)

You can test this yourself by setting the schedule ("automatically load the program guide every day in the background") to run at the time (say 15 minutes from now), then go back in 15 minutes and I think you will see that it ran.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 10:55:00 am »

That doesn't work here either. The only way I can get the Load Program Guide up where I can connect channels with identifiers is to run the setup and reset all settings. It then loads the same XML file just fine.

Benkasey

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 01:10:58 pm »

As a last ditch effort I reran TV Setup and selected "Clean up existing television guide data". I then pointed JR at the xml program data file. The wizard showed my the channel mappings and the data was correctly imported. Note that I always use manual import.

So yes, Program Guide import is broke in JR, >= version 45. Based on the replies, you can try rerunning TV Setup or scheduling an automatic Guide update. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 03:50:10 pm »

There was a change to the EPG Guide load process in MC21.0.45, which may have caused this problem.
21.0.45 (2/4/2016)
1. Changed: Added a time-out user configuration for EPG loading when running an external XMLTV application inside MC (previously we used a hard-coded 20 minutes value).

That change actually had a bug in it, which has been fixed (untested) in the latest Beta.

CountryBumkin you may want to get the latest and test if this problem still exists. I don't know if Yaobing was aware of this issue, but fixing the other problem may have fixed this.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 05:35:18 pm »

From what I read in this thread, recent changes about time-out setting should not affect the result. 

I will investigate this tomorrow.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 05:46:10 pm »

I cleared my program guide data and tried to reload it with .49 - no good. Then I worked backwards testing all the recent builds.

I suppose I didn't notice a problem with 21.0.45-.49 because it was loading the guide data each morning according to the program's schedule. But once I cleared the data I could not reload it again unit I installed 21.0.44.

I even tried to set the automatic loading schedule to 1830hrs (a few minutes in the future, for testing) to see if automatic scheduling works, which seemed to work this morning, but that did not work this time.

Only version 21.0.44 worked for loading the program guide data.

EDIT: Just be clear, I am using the external mc2xml to generate a xmlv.xml file which MC then imports. I do not run the mc2xml.exe within MC.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 08:08:10 pm »

I executed a manual run of the Guide Load process, which in my case includes EPG Collector and loading the resulting XMLTV file.

It all worked perfectly. Ran once, and loaded the result into MC. No errors in EPG Collector. MC reported that the Guide had been refreshed at the correct time.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 11:20:28 am »

To update:
I cleared the TV Program Guide in version 21.0.48 and could not get it reload manually. Meaning, when I have the box checked for "Run selected profiles now", in Schedule Guide Reloading", then click okay I see the "wait icon" spinning for a second or two but no guide loads. 

Then I updated to 49 and the guide loaded during the install.
So I cleared that Guide, and again I could not get it reload manually. This was around 8AM. I then set the "automatic" schedule to load the guide at 8:30 and waited, but it did not load (as of 8:45). So I went back to work.

When I checked again around 12:00, the guide was loaded (says it loaded at 10:41). So maybe it is working but just not a quickly as one would expect.

So I don't know what to make of this.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2016, 02:56:08 pm »

Just to be clear, we are dealing with the case in which an xmltv file already has been created (outside of MC), and MC is just to load the data, right?

I just tried it and it works.

You need to make sure, 1) "Run an executable to retrieve XMLTV data" box is not checked, and 2) "Load XMLTV results from this file" is filled correctly and the file specified exists and contains data.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 03:14:46 pm »

If you still have trouble getting data, please post a screenshot of the "Load program guide..." window, like what I attach here.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 03:44:37 pm »

Yes, the Xmltv.xml file is generated outside of MC.
Here's my setup.

I'll try a few other tests - but I still think the guide is loading automatically (in my case at 8AM), it's just when a manual update is done the guide doesn't load right away (although it may be loading after some amount of time passes as I mentioned above)
Pages: [1]   Go Up