INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonar reference3 DSP causing skipping  (Read 980 times)

Ambler1980

• Recent member
Sonar reference3 DSP causing skipping
« on: February 19, 2016, 10:29:57 pm »

Okay, so I've been using the awesome sonar reference3 plugin with my Sennheiser headphones perfectly well for a couple weeks now (ASIO to external DAC/amp).  When I first got JRiver, I wasn't using it.  The only DSP I had running was the tempo/pitch control... I lower the pitch very slightly in order to reduce fatigue and harshness, it is very close to being the 432hz concert pitch, but that's a separate discussion.

The problem was, I forgot I had it turned off since I got the sonar plugin.  Today, I remembered and switched it back on, and suddenly the music starting stuttering/skipping in very precise, non random ways... almost like someone was turning the volume off and on steadily.  I checked task manager to see if it was hogging CPU usage and it wasn't, not even close.  Hovering right around 15%, so it wasn't that.

The reference plugin and the pitch control are the only two DSPs I have running, so I'm not sure what the problem is.  I even tried raising the buffer on the ASIO control panel all the way, and it helped slightly, but not very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up