INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Delete  (Read 2034 times)

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
Problem with Delete
« on: February 23, 2016, 05:12:36 pm »

I had two versions of a movie an mkv and an ifo version.
I wanted to delete the ifo version but MC deleted both.

MC removed the library entry for the ifo version but not the mkv version so I'm pretty sure I didn't select both entries.

My files are organized as follows on disk

\\UNRAID1\Video\Movie\2 Fast 2 Furious\2 Fast 2 Furious.mkv
\\UNRAID1\Video\Movie\2 Fast 2 Furious\VIDEO_TS\

I'm assuming thats not what should have happened.
I'm on 21.0.23

Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with Delete
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 07:32:20 pm »

I think I found a bug in deleting "raw DVD rips" (IFO/VOB sets in a VIDEO_TS folder as you described) this past weekend, but I haven't had time to do testing to confirm.

But, since it came up... This happened to me this past weekend:

I was pruning some old, cruddy files out of one of one of my auxiliary MC Libraries. I was just browsing through a big View of "all files" filtered to one particular (large) dumping ground directory. I'd been deleting a lot of files as I went through the directory here and there. Select a few, delete. Select a few more, delete. And so on. Then, I selected one particular DVD rip that happened to be an IFO/VOB set, by itself, and deleted it (using the Delete & Recycle or Straight Delete from Disk option, I'm not positive, though I usually use the Recycle option).

MC put up an "Updating Database" please wait dialog. For a lot longer than it should have taken to delete a single IFO/VOB set of one movie. I ended the task on the Media Center process. Upon re-launching my Library was okay, but it had deleted 1.6TB of files from disk. It looked like it deleted only items I had in the "current view" in MC (like it started deleting everything in the View, not just the selected file). The files were not (none of them) in the Recycle Bin. Just poof, gone. The Library was full of broken links.

But, I don't really know for sure what happened. I was more concerned with recovering! Luckily these weren't essential files, and with the ones I had backed up, and the ones I could undelete (since I caught it) I only ended up losing ~400GB of stuff out of that 1.6TB, and most-if-not-all of that was junk anyway.

So... There might be some kind of bug with deleting the compound IFO/VOB file types? Or perhaps I screwed something up and hit Control-A right before I hit delete? I don't know at all.

But, if what happened to me was real, and if you were looking at a View showing only those two entries, then maybe?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 06:19:35 am »

I was looking at a view with only movie duplicates based on name.
I had 4 pairs.
It happened to me once before but I also wasn't sure if I did something wrong so was more careful this time.

I can't be sure but I think I've had this happen before with duplicate MKV files.
I think it deletes everything in the folder not just the file specified in the library entry.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 07:22:03 am »

I've definitely not seen this with any other file types. If there is a bug (again, which I haven't confirmed), I'm sure it has to do with the compound IFO/VOB file type (similar to a CUE/WAV or CUE/FLAC compound file).

I think it deletes everything in the folder not just the file specified in the library entry.

That's possible. My view was filtered to showing the contents of a single parent directory (u:\incoming\) and the VIDEO_TS folder I deleted was directly in that folder (u:\incoming\VIDEO_TS\). I'm fairly certain, but am unable to absolutely confirm that (with 1.6TB missing out of a messy and not heavily used Library, there could have been stuff I missed).

In any case, it should be relatively easy to confirm. I just need to set up some test files.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up