INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slysoft/AnyDVD goes out of business  (Read 64472 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Slysoft/AnyDVD goes out of business
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2016, 10:59:42 am »

My concern is they will get put out of business again rather quickly...  

As I only use it for ripping, I will wait until I find a disc I cannot rip without it...

greynolds

« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2016, 11:06:51 am »

^ I had 3 lifetime AnyDVD HD licenses.  It's not ideal to have to purchase again, but I will as I feel like I got good value out of my previous licenses.  However, I probably don't need 3 licenses anymore, so I'll probably just buy 1 Redfox AnyDVD HD license for now.

Sesam

• World Citizen
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2016, 03:15:07 pm »

I'm surprised and concerned that they are offering lifetime licenses. Because in the long run that is an unreliable business model, though maybe those lifetime licenses will only be available initially. Or maybe they are betting on not being able to stay in business much longer than 3 years anyway because of constant pressure from the Hollywood mafia :P

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2016, 06:10:38 am »

As a Lifetime purchaser that is unfortunate. However, I guess it is lifetime since Slysoft died...

Have to wait and see how good a deal they are offering to existing owners.

What do you think about 20%?
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/discount-on-new-anydvd.69696/
Counts regardless of whether you're a new or old customer.

It's a better deal if you got caught on the cusp:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/unlucky-slysoft-purchasers-50-discount-free-1y-license.69438/

For what it's worth, I'm sticking with MakeMKV (provided they keep their doors open).
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2016, 02:05:25 pm »

The Redfox 20 percent off deal has ended and anydvd is now up to 109 EUR.

I didn't buy a new licence for the following reasons:
1 It doesn't work. Half the discs I have tried with the new version either won't play or have errors.
2 The price is ridiculous. They may be a new company but they are not starting from scratch. They are charging a premium price for maintenance.
3 They will likely vanish again soon.
4 Who's to say the whole "shut down" wasn't just a plan by Slysoft to charge everyone again?

I have purchased MakeMKV instead and am quite happy with it.

amcneish

• Recent member
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2016, 11:01:50 pm »

While slyfox is gone... redfox has picked the torch and is now running...  You have to relicense is the only issue...  but other than that.. all works as it used to!

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2016, 11:48:50 pm »

I have purchased MakeMKV instead and am quite happy with it.

I bought into MakeMKV before I knew about AnyDVD.

So, I've always ripped and manually worked through the DVD/BD's individual files and catalogued the feature and any extras to suit. Just a routine process for me, so I'm not used to anything different.

For a piece of software in perpetual beta, I reckon it's pretty good. So good that I thought it was worth a one off payment just to avoid the ongoing need to enter in the new beta key every month or so and to give the developer some financial kudos.

When I checked out AnyDVD when it was part of SlySoft, my assessment for my needs was that it didn't offer sufficient value to be worth buying. Each to their own. Good on you for being happy with your choice.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up