INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New PC drive letter changed  (Read 2928 times)

Barbie-boy

• Junior Woodchuck
New PC drive letter changed
« on: February 24, 2016, 02:35:45 pm »

Hello, All files were in D: on old PC, now in E: told RMC to point at E: but still files not found. (New PC wont let me rename the drive to D: as that is taken by the CDROM)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New PC drive letter changed
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 03:30:02 pm »

It looks like the rename isn't doing what you want.  I'm assuming you have paths something like this:

D:\Marcus Music\Pink Floyd\Dark Side Of The Moon\01_Speak to me.flac

Your rename is stripping out the artist and album names.. essentially all of the directories after Marcus Music.  I suggest you restore to a backup that still shows your D:\ paths.  Then try again, but this time turn OFF the directory section.  That's messing things up.  Just use the Find and Replace section as you have shown and it should do the job.  Look at the preview first before you do the rename.  Try just a file or two first.  Then when it works, do the rest.

Good luck!

Brian.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 08:25:43 pm »

or first change the d drive to f then the e drive to d and then the f drive to e
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Barbie-boy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 02:28:17 pm »

Thanks, that did the trick ;)
Had to find the album art to many on the internet as rebuild thumbnail did nothing.
Thanks

or first change the d drive to f then the e drive to d and then the f drive to e

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 06:08:48 am »

I found similar issues when I checked the Directory box to test. Using the repoint and just checking/filling out the original and new drive letters in the Find and Replace boxes works for me without renaming other drives as a workaround ?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up