INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging Issue  (Read 2489 times)

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
Tagging Issue
« on: March 01, 2016, 10:07:22 am »

I recently had an album accidentally tagged as "Ja" instead of "Jazz".  I re-tagged and it eliminated "Ja" as a selection in genres.  However, when tagging new files, the auto complete offers "Ja" still when I type in a "J" and I have to type in a 2nd letter to get "Jazz" offered.  Does anyone know how I can reset this?  Ideally, I think there are some other genres that populate that I don't use that I would like to eliminate as well.  Thanks for any help on this issue.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tagging Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 10:13:24 am »

I'm relatively certain that you still have one or more files in your collection that have Genre=Ja .

Go to a view that shows everything in your collection.  Then go to the search box and type:

genre=[ja]

That should find all of the files for you and you can then re-tag them with the proper genre.

Brian.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 10:40:57 am »

I'm relatively certain that you still have one or more files in your collection that have Genre=Ja .

Go to a view that shows everything in your collection.  Then go to the search box and type:

genre=[ja]

That should find all of the files for you and you can then re-tag them with the proper genre.

Brian.

Tried this and got "no search results"

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 10:47:13 am »

Are you sure you were showing all of your files?  Audio > Files is a good place to do this from.

If you've double checked, then I'm not sure what's going on.  MC should remove any selection from a List type field as soon as there are no fields that are using that value. So, as soon as you erase genre "ja" from all files, it should disappear and not show up in the pull down list any more.

Maybe try restarting MC?  Are you using MC standalone, or in a client server environment with several MC computers?

Brian.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 10:56:31 am »

Better check the other Media Types too. It's possible that the file with the "Ja" tag was wrongly classified as a Media Type = Video (or similar mistake) so it won't show under your search in Media Type = Audio

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 11:18:36 am »

Thank you both for your help.  It was an image file and so, I guess that's why it did not show up when I searched initially in genres or when I looked at the audio files

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 11:28:46 am »

Ah ha!  Good call Country B!

I have a view in my Tools group called "Files (everything)" that's unrestricted by media type.  I do all of my "what's going on?" searches in that view so I'm sure to see EVERYTHING.

Glad you got it figured out somebike.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up