INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Program info not available - how to fix?  (Read 3008 times)

fobos8

• Junior Woodchuck
Program info not available - how to fix?
« on: March 16, 2016, 04:04:26 pm »

Hi all

Getting on okay using JRiver TV but some of my favorite channels say, "Program info not available" in the guide. What is the general strategy for solving this. I'm using mc2xml and have tried various different lineups for DVB-S (Freesat in the UK) but to no avail. Is there anything else I could try?

Kind regards, Andrew

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Program info not available - how to fix?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 04:25:39 pm »

We have been experiencing a problem at Rovi for a few days.  They have not updated EPG data.  However, this morning it started working again.  Maybe it depends on your location.  I believe eventually everything will be sorted out.  Have you tried manually running "Load program guide..."?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103741.0
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

fobos8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 03:27:12 pm »

thanks for the reply

I have program info for about 80% or the channels I watch but the rest show "program info not available". It has been that way since I first starting using JRiver TV.

What can I try to sort this out? Have tried a few different lineups from the mc2xml listing but no joy so far.

Kind regards, Andrew

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 03:56:14 pm »

It could be that the EPG data source just doesn't have info on those channels.

Did you ever see data for those channels?

Did you have data for these channels with whatever software you used before JRiver?

I discovered a couple of new channels in my area that started broadcasting a few months ago and it took at least a month before any programming data became available. I could tune to the channel just didn't have any programming data.

Can you list a couple of these channels (and your postal code) - so perhaps other JRiver Users in the UK that get these channels can respond back as to whether or not they have data for those channels.

fobos8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 02:41:27 am »

Thanks CountryBumpkin

I checked in WMC and the some of the channels I didn't have info for I didn't have there as well. I managed to get program info for some of the other channels by manually matching them.

Happier now - thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up