INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Control Support  (Read 997 times)

Nilsi

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Remote Control Support
« on: August 21, 2003, 10:46:16 am »

I really like to ask for broader RC support (especially for SB products but standard ir receivers will be ok as well).

By the, I face a pretty annoying issue with it, for I try it now with each, lets say 5th build and am punished really bad each time I do it (Do I like it?). Here is the issue:

I don't know exactly when but I was attracted by it since the remote control config. moved from Plugins to the Options Area. Since then (by the way, there is only one type of remote availble so far, were are others), each time I try to start the IRMAN (although I don't have it, I have a SB Extigy with RC, but I'm so desperate as it is the only one available)  plug-in MC gets completly mad. This in that manner, that the MC task has to be killed by XP Task Manager. Afterward MC is not startable any more. Even worse, a reinstall does not work, I first have to completly uninstall MC (loosing all settings), then a new installation is possible. I don't think its the way it should be. Thanks in advance. I feel RC very important for the ease of use of MC and like to see broader support anyhow.

LisaRCT

Re: Remote Control Support
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 06:05:38 am »

I understand and sympathize, as I have also an RC remote (came with my ATi TV card) and have difficulty trying to use it with MC.
There is a program named 'Girder' which will send your RC remote commands to MC.  If you do a search here on the Interact board you can probably find several threads about it. Unfortunately, I find it a bit overwhelming to configure.

As far as MC crashing and needing a complete uninstall to work again . . . .  
all I can say is Of Course It Does That!  You are trying to do something that is obviously not the correct setting and thus causing errors.  Simple answer: Don't Do That anymore.   ;)

In the meantime, try girder, there are some folks here who are very knowledgable about using Girder and I am sure they will try to help.  UUntil someone makes a plug-in for other remotes this is the only option I know of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up