INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC recognition of Id Online  (Read 2092 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
MC recognition of Id Online
« on: March 02, 2016, 05:59:07 pm »

Refreshed question:

I am running JRMC20 on a PC, taking commands from MC Remote on an Android tablet.  I recently added a remote listening area in another part of my home using an Id (MC Linux) connected to a DAC/Headphone amp. Everything sounds great (via wireless) BUT... sometimes MC on the PC seems to fail to recognize the Id's presence online.  Is there a particular sequence I need to use to boot-up each component? Unless I am mistaken, the Id comes programmed to start MC Linux immediately after boot-up. 

I am trying to set up the system to not require a keyboard and monitor connected to the Id -- that is, to depend on the Id to boot up and be recognized without any visual confirmation.    On the times both locations have recognized each other successfully, I believe I did a complete boot-up of my Id/MC FIRST -- Then did a boot-up of my main MC PC.  Then the PC, Id and Remote tablet fully recognize each other. Am I doing something out of a necessary sequence?  Which boot-up sequences will work successfully? 

THANKS again.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC recognition of Id Online
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 06:06:04 pm »

What you're asking about is called device discovery.  It isn't as reliable or as quick as it could be.  It's an area we are working in.

In theory, there should be no special order required.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Re: MC recognition of Id Online
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 07:10:42 pm »

ok  thanks.  TODAY (after my last post) MC  (PC) recognized the Id successfully when the Id was booted up after the MC (PC) -- just the opposite of the way the units behaved two days ago -- which fits 100% with your response ;  A bit frustrating but not the end of the world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up