INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get Id to monitor and import albums into its own library  (Read 2684 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen

I am running JRMC20 on a PC, taking commands from MC Remote on an Android tablet.  I also have an Id (JRiver) currently receiving "commands" and files through my main JRiver PC in another part of my house.  My music files are stored on a Western Digital NAS.  I would like to also configure the Id to store and Auto (and Manual) import all my music files, as well, so as to create another back-up and make the Id more self-contained (portable).  I have apparently already successfully copied 5-6 albums into the Id's storage. Pls Advise.

On my main MC (Windows) P.C. my "Computer" page Lists:

"Computer"

MUSIC (\\MYCLOUD EX2) (Y:) -- with a small storage device icon colored GREEN
MEDIA (\\ID-B8AEED&B2B8E\Internal Storage) (Z:) -- with a small storage device icon WITH A RED "X"

"NETWORK"

WAYNE P.C.>USERS>Wayne>(ALL Music Files Are Then Listed)
WDMYCLOUD EX2>MUSIC>(All Music Files Are Then Listed)

THANKS

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to get Id to monitor and import albums into its own library
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 09:03:00 am »

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 01:36:23 pm »

Thanks for your response.  I am confused by the quote below from the Install Guide.  Thus far, it looks like the music files of the six albums I tried to copy manually have shown up on the Id Storage.  From here, I'd like to do two things:

1.  "Load" the Id so that all of the music files could be selected and played if I ever had the occasion to disconnect it and use it in a completely different location (away from my current NAS storage and my main MC PC) ... and is it possible to accomplish this without having to copy or drag 5-10 albums at a time to the Id storage?

2.  Have the Id "monitor" my main MC system and Windows PC -- so that whenever I add an album, the Id will also copy it to its own storage?  ...Similarly to my main MC "watching" my network area and periodically (automatically) OR with a manual command importing any new album I add to the collection(?).

"The Id may need to be told to auto-import the files from the location where you move them. "

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 01:43:54 pm »

You can use Windows Explorer to copy as many files as you want.

You could set up MC's Handheld sync to copy new files to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up