INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NUC5CPYH Id  (Read 3584 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
NUC5CPYH Id
« on: March 09, 2016, 03:45:26 pm »

Recently, the NUC model DN2820FYK, which was the NUC model used for building the Ids, was discontinued. Newer Ids are built using the NUC5CPYH. The capabilities of the two models are relatively similar; however, the NUC5CPYH has a few improvements. The NUC5CPYH uses the N3050 Celeron processor, which has a maximum draw of roughly 6 watts. It has 4 external USB 3.0 ports, VGA, HDMI, and TOSLINK. It supports HDMI 1.4b and it supports 4K display resolution at 30 Hz.

Here are the JRiver benchmark scores for the new model Id.

Math benchmark: 659
Image benchmark: 1057
Database benchmark: 1260

JRMark: 992

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Re: NUC5CPYH Id
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 07:55:41 am »

Hi Brad,

I am a non technical user currently using the older Id as a remote music listening station.  In the near future I also plan to load my music library onto it as well. 

My question is:  What does your technical explanation mean to me in terms of day-to-day advantages and disadvantages of the new model?

thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 01:32:47 pm »

Hi Brad,

I am a non technical user currently using the older Id as a remote music listening station.  In the near future I also plan to load my music library onto it as well. 

My question is:  What does your technical explanation mean to me in terms of day-to-day advantages and disadvantages of the new model?

thanks
Probably the most obvious difference is that the new NUC has an optical output port.

skifastbadly

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 03:20:12 pm »

Hi Bob,

I posted a question on the board about the ID having S/PDIF optical out and have no answer.   Your post indicates that now the ID does indeed provide optical out.  If you can confirm which models have this, I'll probably be ordering one today.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 03:23:44 pm »

The one we currently ship is based on the NUC5PYH.  It has a TosLink (optical) port.

skifastbadly

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 03:27:05 pm »

Far out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up