INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id's DAC and Windows(?)  (Read 2935 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Id's DAC and Windows(?)
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:21:21 am »

I cannot find any information regarding the quality of the Id's DAC in this forum or at the Wiki(?)

Also, how does the Linux version of MC compare with the Windows version? I imagine JRiver has not paid for Windows licensing...has anyone installed Window on the ID in place of the installed Linux?

TIA :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Id's DAC and Windows(?)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:18:25 am »

The Id's DAC is only a factor if you use the Analog output from it directly.  Most people hook the Id up to a receiver or a separate DAC, using USB or HDMI.

The Linux version lacks some of the Windows features.  For audio, you probably wouldn't miss anything.  There is no Theater View or support for MC Remotes yet.

shAf

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 06:28:31 am »

The Id's DAC is only a factor if you use the Analog output from it directly.  Most people hook the Id up to a receiver or a separate DAC, using USB or HDMI.

I'm thinking about a separate DAC, but initially I wanted only to use the Id's analog outputs(?) The receiver is a classic Marantz (I.e., 1984)

The Linux version lacks some of the Windows features.  For audio, you probably wouldn't miss anything.  There is no Theater View or support for MC Remotes yet.

Does this include using JRemote with the ID running its media server?
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 07:17:08 am »

Does this include using JRemote with the ID running its media server?

What Jim said about "remotes" was referring to Infra Red handheld remotes.  JRemote, and all other network based remotes (for MC) work with the Linux version.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up