INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Input and Output from Same Device (with One Instance of MC)  (Read 1411 times)

jdubs

• Junior Woodchuck

Hey Guys

I'm continuing to LOVE JRiver MC and use it for all of my audio / video needs, including vinyl playback.

I use a TC Impact Twin audio interface and it has a good multi-client ASIO driver which makes vinyl playback a reality for me using the same device for both input (from the turntable) to output (to my powered speakers).

BUT there are a LOT of audio interfaces out there that don't have the same sort of multi client ASIO driver. 

As I understand it, the way one is currently able to use the same audio device for both ASIO input and output is by using 2 instances of MC and this thus requires a multi-client ASIO driver.

Isn't there a way to only use one instance of MC?  Or is it not technically possible?  I know other programs can do input and output on the same device.

Thanks,
Jim

jdubs

• Junior Woodchuck

Bumping this!

-Jim

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

Most digital audio workstations (DAWs) that access the input and output of an audio device are able to use the device for input and output simultaneously. I'm not sure what JRiver is doing that makes it not work in the same manner. I think it could be because the JRiver ASIO line-in is accessing the hardware directly and not the audio device's ASIO driver.  ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up