INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG current time indicator  (Read 4599 times)

Fangio

• World Citizen
EPG current time indicator
« on: February 27, 2016, 11:41:11 am »

The EPG on my TV has a thin vertical line which indicates the current time relative to the programmes displayed, which I find very useful. Is this a possibility for MC?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: EPG current time indicator
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 01:11:49 pm »

It's been asked for before.
I'd like to see a "current time" indicator line too. There is a clock on the Guide page.

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 12:09:07 pm »

The clock is certainly useful, but it doesn't stop me selecting a program which has already ended.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 11:03:43 am »

The feature is added in build 60.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 11:12:02 am »

What about going back a few hours/days in theater view?
No rush..Just a friendly reminder ;)

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 11:35:06 am »

What about going back a few hours/days in theater view?
No rush..Just a friendly reminder ;)

Why would you want to go back? To see what you missed?

Not disagreeing with you, just want to understand what your thinking.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 11:40:00 am »

Let's say I start watching TV with MC at 10h00 PM and had a bunch of recordings happening prior to (or just to see what was playing prime time that I may have missed) going back in the guide without having to go in Standard view or changing menus would be very useful!

I used to have it with Sage and found it very usefull as I didn't have to change menus to see what was going on a few hours or days before.  Now that I don't have it anymore I miss it.

Thx for asking!!

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 12:03:04 pm »

Sounds like a good idea.

I could imagine that I start viewing live TV at 10PM, I look back in the guide to 9PM and see a show I had previously scheduled to record, then it would be nice I could also just select that Show (in the 9PM slot) and click on it and start playing the recording (instead of leaving Guide and going to Shows).

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 05:55:33 pm »

I could imagine that I start viewing live TV at 10PM, I look back in the guide to 9PM and see a show I had previously scheduled to record, then it would be nice I could also just select that Show (in the 9PM slot) and click on it and start playing the recording (instead of leaving Guide and going to Shows).

That sounds like a nice feature as well. Maybe the left Skip button ( |<< ) on a remote could take a user into the past, to do such a thing. So the left button acts as it does now, and the |<< button takes you into the past, at which time you can then move around using the left and right arrows, unless you again move far enough to the right to be in the current time period, at which time current behaviour works again; You can't move into the past, unless you press |<< again. That would maintain current functionality for those who don't want to go into the past every time they move to the left edge of the Guide.

When in the past, the feature you suggest works.

PS: Nice job with the current time indicator Yaobing. It looks like it updates about every 15 seconds, so nice and responsive. Thank you.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 02:18:49 am »

I'd love to see hbbtv web catch up TV integrated with a backward TV guide somehow... THAT would be killer :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up