INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you Import Media from multiple directories?  (Read 1538 times)

Thunderbird1

• Recent member
  • Hello breakfast!
Can you Import Media from multiple directories?
« on: August 18, 2003, 04:54:52 pm »

? ?

After going through EphPod and MMJB to sync with my iPod, major props to MC9 for having an awesome solution for mp3 management and iPod synching. I just downloaded 9.1.234 and it works without a hitch so far.

My first post on the board concerns something that I've been looking for through the forums but couldn't find an answer. I've even tried command lines to do the following: can MC9 "import media" from multiple directories? As far as I can tell, it only lets you import from local drives, individual drives, or one directory and all of it's subfolders.

The reason I ask is because we're a multiple iPod family (2) with different tastes in music. There is, however, substantial overlap in our tastes. I would like to perform two different Media Imports...One with a shared directory and my stuff for my library; another with the same shared folder and her songs directory for her library.

This is most likely a stupid question, but is there an easier way to do this than either 1) Manually selecting separate folders each time one of us has a change in our collections or 2) Make mp3 copies of the shared songs (about 4,000) and put them in the same folder with our other unique songs. This is not only for syncing with iPods, but using the computer for two listening to two libraries.

In a nutshell, EphPod gives the ability to let you build sync preferences (equivalent to building a media library) on a directory/subdirectory level. I realize that auto playlist, smart playlists, etc. is a much more powerful way to do it. I'm wondering if MC9 can do this on the library level. This way I don't have to keep filtering out my wife's Air Supply, Andrea Bocelli, Barry Manilow, etc. I've tried convincing her to stop listening to it but....

Thanks in advance and two thumbs up for having a great product.
Upon my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness...which is nice.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can you Import Media from multiple directories
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 01:23:44 pm »

You can drag-n-drop the folders into MC's "Media Library" from Explorer to import.

You can also use the built in "My Computer".

Otherwise, just switch the directory in the import directory.  It's an extra step, but not that awful.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 03:27:52 pm »

one thing Napster had and kazaa and some other programs was\is a way to see all the folders and to [X] on the dir to include.

'(Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again' Charted At 04 In 1977

Listening to: '(Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again' from 'Pure Funk' by 'L.T.D.' on Media Center 9.1

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Thunderbird1

• Recent member
  • Hello breakfast!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 03:46:04 pm »

King Sparta:

Thanks for the support on this issue. Something along the lines of Kazaa or Napster that you describe would be excellent...especially after repeated synchings/imports.

By the way, that's a great song...thought you'd like to know that it was also L.T.D.'s only foray into the top 10. They were in the Top 40 with that song for 12 weeks starting in November 1977.

"Everytime I snooze I loose...."
Upon my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness...which is nice.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 04:12:20 pm »

Thanks for the support on this issue.

well i know what your saying (the type of import system), but nothing i can do about it.

this and folder watch would be nice.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

nila

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2003, 11:41:56 pm »

King - why not  make a plugin for folder watch?
It wouldn't watch them just try to re-import them each day at a specific time (4am is good as people would probably be asleep).

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up