INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grouping albums  (Read 2014 times)

yc

• Recent member
Grouping albums
« on: March 19, 2016, 04:54:54 am »

I would like to group certain types of albums together (for example Vol1, Vol2, Vol3 under a same title ) so as to de-clutter the display. Visually this grouping could be seen as a single album instead of three. And when selecting this grouping, I would be able to see all the songs of Vol1 to Vol3.. with their respective album info intact.
Is this possible ?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Grouping albums
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 09:45:15 am »

There are several ways to do this I think.  Here's a way I just tried out that seems to work as you are describing:

1.  Go to a group of albums you want to appear together.  Open the tagging window.  Set the [Series] tag to be the name of the album series, or the name you want to see when they are displayed together.
2.  Make a new view showing albums.  Edit it using Customize View.
3.  Edit the Albums category.  In the dialog that comes up set the following:
Type:  Expression
Name:  Anything you want.  I said "Album Series".
Expression to group by:  FirstNotEmpty([series],[album])
Click OK several times to save your changes.

You should now see your series of albums grouped under their new name.  When you click on them, it will open the details view below and you'll see the individual albums and songs.  Do step 1 again for more albums you want to group together.

Brian.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 07:36:37 pm »

In the tag editor set the disc number to 1, 2, 3, etc. Then give all the albums the same name. I do this for operas all the time. Instead of seeing Götterdämmerung (Vol 1) through Götterdämmerung (Vol 4) I see one title, Götterdämmerung, with the tracks from discs 1 through 4 in the correct order. This is something I love about JRiver - one click to play an entire opera.

yc

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 10:46:50 pm »

Thank you all for your suggestions..  Works very well....   

Pages: [1]   Go Up