INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: push button playlists  (Read 1198 times)

dragyn

push button playlists
« on: August 17, 2003, 02:39:19 pm »

I had an idea last night.

I want to have my system setup so when I push a button, it will replace 'playing now' with a specified playlist.

In addition, I want it to be set to shuffle (not a problem there). Also to not play a song in a givin time frame/session. (also not a problem).

It can't be with a remote. It needs to be via a push button. I like to have about 5-8 of them. Anyone know of anything that would work? Could girder do this? Never really played with it that much.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: push button playlists
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 01:26:14 pm »

You can tell MC to play a playlist in several ways. (posting an MCC message, command line, etc.)

I'm not sure if you mean a push button in the hardware or software sense, but either way you should be able to rig something up.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 03:00:03 pm »

real one has something like this where you can set a radio station.

it is kind of like your car stereo where you can set your local stations you listen to.

I like this Idea, where you can assign a play list and or  radio stations.

this could also be used to get you to a place in MC9 where if it normaly takes you 5 clicks to get there. you can record a macro and one click on the button will get you there.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 05:50:24 pm »

Well I managed to get my X10 mouse remote to work. This will do me for now until I can come up with something else.

I just needed something because I didn't want to use the screen while driving. This is working pretty good now.

I also noticed a bug with mjextman and treepath where it doesn't use the last directory. I had to add a fake one at the end.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 01:17:03 pm »

This isn't an insurance company stipulation because of the last accident is it :P
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up