INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG Not Updating  (Read 2760 times)

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
EPG Not Updating
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:14:57 pm »

The EPG (using MC2XML) stopped updating every 24 hrs.    Up until 2 days ago it updated every 24 hrs as per setting; now it has't updated since 4/27.   I have changed nothing.

[using MC 21.0.65 on WIN 7; separate client/server on different machines]

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
Re: EPG Not Updating
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 02:35:24 pm »

I updated MC and now EPG is updating as expected.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:33:50 pm »

Weird. Did you try rebooting the PC to see if it restarted updating?

If you didn't, and that happens again, you should try rebooting. It could be that mc2xml got stuck or something.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 09:25:30 am »

Weird. Did you try rebooting the PC to see if it restarted updating?

If you didn't, and that happens again, you should try rebooting. It could be that mc2xml got stuck or something.
The problem appears to have been that there were four TV profiles created on the server with at least two of them checked at the same time.    Checking just one of them solved the problem.       

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 02:05:21 pm »

The problem appears to have been that there were four TV profiles created on the server with at least two of them checked at the same time.    Checking just one of them solved the problem.       

On "Load Program guide" window?

You should be allowed to check more than one checkbox, if they make sense.  If you only use OTA TV channels, obviously there is no need for more than one method for EPG loading.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 03:30:01 pm »

On "Load Program guide" window?

You should be allowed to check more than one checkbox, if they make sense.  If you only use OTA TV channels, obviously there is no need for more than one method for EPG loading.
Yes.  I have only ever had 1 OTA tuner; multiple reinstalls of the tuner config must have created them.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 07:50:01 pm »

Ah. I had a couple of old profiles that built up as MC went through significant TV changes, and I did testing. Eventually they caused me problems as well, so I deleted the unused ones.

If you have only unticked the bad ones for now, I suggest you delete them.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up