INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replaced C: Drive - JRiver restore?  (Read 3016 times)

Glimmie

• Junior Woodchuck
Replaced C: Drive - JRiver restore?
« on: April 10, 2016, 03:43:38 pm »

I replaced my hard drive with a new SSD

How do I restore JRiver back to the latest user config on the old HDD which I can access via a USB dock.

I tried copying all the files and re-activating the license but the program is at factory default - my setups are lost.

For example I had two audio zones for two different playout cards. How do I get those zones back?

NOTE: ALL MEDIA FILES (MOVIES) ARE ON A UNRAID NAS! Independent from the JRiver player. The JRiver player has no media filed on it's HDD.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Replaced C: Drive - JRiver restore?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 04:04:09 pm »

Did you back up the JRiver "Library" before replacing your hard drive (at "File>Library>Back up Library")?
If yes, you just need to install Media Center then go to "File>Library>Restore Library" and everything will be back to as it was.

You will need to reinstall the license. You can get a new "auto-install license" from JRiver (your allowed 12 license reinstalls per year.) https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi

Glimmie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 04:11:44 pm »

No, I didn't do that. And now I can't boot MC21 from the old HDD plugged in to a USB dock? Any suggestions?
Thx

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 04:13:29 pm »

MC makes automatic backups every couple of days.  You should have several backups hanging around on the old drive.  Should be in your Documents folder in a subdirectory called JRiver, or something very similar.

Brian.

Glimmie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 04:25:01 pm »

Yes I was able to make a new backup by putting the old HDD back as the systems drive.

Thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up