INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio calibration issue - 5.1  (Read 1376 times)

seanmcdougall

• Recent member
Audio calibration issue - 5.1
« on: March 28, 2016, 04:23:05 pm »

Hi

I became aware recently that JRiver was not relaying sound to my rear channels (5.1 system), although it had worked perfectly in the past. From memory, it slightly precedes my most recent upgrade (I'm on version 21.0.50). I know it is not a loose cable as the Configure option for both the Realtek and native Windows drivers makes both rear speakers sound out.

The really weird bit comes when I try to test the channels using JRiver's built in Audio Calibration/ multi-channel pink noise tones. The front, centre, right and sub tones can be heard through their respective speakers and also seen dancing away in the graphic display at the top of the playing now viewer. However, the surround channel tones make no noise and, even though the file is playing, it produces no graphic display. I have attached a screenshot showing rear left playing but no graphic display.

My DSP settings are: Output to soundcard via WASAPI; 5.1 channels; no output encoding; JRSS mixing; Stereo sources mixed to 2.1. I also have room correction applied to the front speakers and sub, but was unable to do this for the rear.

I also just tried playing a 5.0 track using the above settings and found that it outputs as a 3.1 file. When I change the channels option to 5.0, JRiver played the track perfectly, with sound coming through both rear speakers.

So what's going on? Is something muting rear channel sound files before they reach the output channel? I can't think of any options that would result in the scenario described so would be very grateful for any advice anyone can offer.

Cheers
Sean

seanmcdougall

• Recent member
Re: Audio calibration issue - 5.1
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 04:51:56 am »

Update. Clean re-install corrected it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up