INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display Settings not restored after 3D playback  (Read 1935 times)

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
Display Settings not restored after 3D playback
« on: March 29, 2016, 03:20:36 am »

Hi, 1st a big Thank You to JRiver for implementing 3D decoding - great job!

I for my part use a custom display resolution of 1920x814. When starting 3D playback it changes to 1920x1080 but unfortunately the custom resolution is not being restored when playback stops.
Actually I have to restore the resolution manually under Windows > Graphic Options., despite the properly set config in "Video > Display Settings > Default (used when restoring display settings): 1920x814 - 32 bit @ 23 Hz", etc.

My HW: CPU Intel Core i7-5775C, 3,3 Ghz with Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 6200 (driver 10.18.15.4279)

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Display Settings not restored after 3D playback
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 08:21:48 pm »

I think you need to change a MadVR setting.
One that relates to your specific device which will be one of the first items in the MadVR settings tree.

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 02:49:04 pm »

I think you need to change a MadVR setting.
Good point - I forgot to mention - I tried with 21.0.65 and just again with .66:
The default setting in madVR > Display modes is "Restore original display mode...when media player is closed"
...but it makes no difference when I activate/deactivate or change it to "...when media player leaves fullscreen".

Besides, the resolution changes always to 1920x1080 when "3D decoding" is enabled, even if a display (e.g. TV) is used which does not support 3D whereon the movie shows in 2D.
Thinking about that, it would be nice to have a MMC command for Enable/Disable "3D decoding" which would at least help as preventive workaround for that use case.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 03:06:45 pm »

Besides, the resolution changes always to 1920x1080 when "3D decoding" is enabled, even if a display (e.g. TV) is used which does not support 3D whereon the movie shows in 2D.
Thinking about that, it would be nice to have a MMC command for Enable/Disable "3D decoding" which would at least help as preventive workaround for that use case.

If your TV does not support 3D at all, then you should just disable the global 3D option in the video settings.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 03:31:30 pm »

If your TV does not support 3D at all, then you should just disable the global 3D option in the video settings.
Yeah, true but I wouldn't have started the topic if I hadn't some use of 3D ;)
My 3D capable device is a beamer and a wide screen canvas, that's why I use 1920x814 as default resolution.

I know, my issue is rather exotic but my current impression is that this "restoring display settings" feature is highly hardware dependant and possibly worth some effort to improve. Btw., my OS is Win10 Pro x64.
Pages: [1]   Go Up