INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: switching R & L  (Read 1758 times)

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
switching R & L
« on: March 27, 2016, 12:05:19 pm »

At least one of my FLAC files has R and L channels reversed.  Any way to correct this for single recordings? I don't see that option on DSP  (I don't want to switch speaker wires) 
thanks
rhk

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: switching R & L
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 12:35:54 pm »

You can certainly swap the channels with the parametric equalizer.  Use the Order channels effect.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 01:30:01 pm »

You can apply DSP effects on a per file basis, but it's kind of difficult.  Because *EVERY* file has to have a default DSP effect.  Otherwise, MC just keeps the last DSP settings used on the last file it saw.

Personally, I would use an external tool to permanently modify the FLACs in question so that L and R are in their correct orders.  FFMPeg can do it from a command line.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/AudioChannelManipulation

I believe you can fairly easily do this in Audacity as well, though that is a more manual process obviously.

Brian.

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 04:21:46 pm »

At least one of my FLAC files has R and L channels reversed.  Any way to correct this for single recordings? I don't see that option on DSP  (I don't want to switch speaker wires) 
thanks
rhk

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 04:37:54 pm »

The easiest way to fix is to use Library Tools > Convert Format.
The Convert Format Action Windows will show up in the bottom left of the screen.
Choose FLAC Encoder
Click Options, check "Apply DSP," click DSP Settings, click Parametric Equalizer, Add Mix Channels and swap left and right.

You can save the converted file to the directory of your choice. It will make a new FLAC file. You can move it to the same folder as the original file. Delete the library entry of the original file and import the new file.

You can tag all the files you want switched, show them in a View, select them all, and then covert them all at once.

Personally, I would use an external tool to permanently modify the FLACs in question so that L and R are in their correct orders.  FFMPeg can do it from a command line.
Takes just seconds to do in JRiver.  ;)

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 04:53:44 pm »

Mojave-  BINGO!
thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up