INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toolbar buttons in MC 9.1  (Read 2329 times)

jleerigby

Toolbar buttons in MC 9.1
« on: August 18, 2003, 04:15:20 am »

If anyone out there knows if it's possible to change skins (any skin) to allow the toolbar buttons to display in their glorious full colour when inactive, i.e. when you are NOT hovering over them, please tell me how it's done.

I've spent ages trying to figure out how to do this but without any joy.  Could someone please put me out of my misery even if it's only to say that it's not currently possible.  Matt? ToMy00? Knicklefarz?

It seems so strange to have toolbar buttons that all display as a bland grey/white color unless you happen to hover the mouse over them.

jleerigby

Re: Toolbar buttons in MC 9.1
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 04:37:52 am »

I thought I'd add that if this is not possible I think it would be a good candidate for a change in the next Beta.  After all, look and feel and first impressions are important in selling an application to new users.  Clearly Jim and the team are very mindful of this.  If you fire up WMP9 for a moment and compare the buttons in there to MC you'll see what I mean.

Pink Waters

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 05:01:36 am »

Well look Jlee,..
MC in the earlier 8 and 9 version used to use toolbars with full colors in the first place and we used to do the hover effects manualy coz the skin folder used to has the toolbar buttons images (so you can either change buttons images) and after that matt added something very nice and it was the inactive color blend value in the main.xml file which adds the inactive toolbar buttons color automatically...

and the other thing you mentioned.. i think hovering the buttons to get how the buttons color looks like the non-reversable fact for using hover effects for buttons ..:)

iam done :)
Tamer

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 05:19:06 am »

matt added something very nice and it was the inactive color blend value in the main.xml file

Changing the inactive color blend value in the main.xml file just applies a solid square color to the button - not very appealing.  That's not what I would call a 'nice' change.

and the other thing you mentioned.. i think hovering the buttons to get how the buttons color looks like the non-reversable fact for using hover effects for buttons ..
Your english is normally very good but this time I don't understand what you mean.

Pink Waters

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 05:26:45 am »

That's not what I would call a 'nice' change.

what i call it nice chef.. is that matt added that value to make us have mercy from changing the normal toolbar buttons colors to that solid color you call.. :)

Your english is normally very good but this time I don't understand what you mean.

and what i mean with this that the right way of hovering the buttons is getting 'em colored when mouse over :)

Tamer

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 09:38:01 am »

I too would like to see full color buttons all the time.

They are also too small with no way to change the size.

Don't like the way they are now.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Pink Waters

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 12:21:32 pm »

I too would like to see full color buttons all the time.

They are also too small with no way to change the size.

Don't like the way they are now.

well for me i think they are better for now.. coz you know!.. getting them colorfull all the time then there is no hover effect then(not a right thing the get the buttons solid color when mouse over). so the we would need an effect like the buttons in the player controls so we can feel that we pressed a button. :)
Tamer

jleerigby

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 01:55:09 pm »

I'm all for having an effect when you hover.  Do what you like.  Paint them red if you want!  But when you are NOT hovering (i.e. 99% of the time) make them look appealing.  Please!

Pink Waters

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 02:05:57 pm »

I'm all for having an effect when you hover.  Do what you like.  Paint them red if you want!  But when you are NOT hovering (i.e. 99% of the time) make them look appealing.  Please!

well ... really iam all ears.. but it is not in my hands... ask matt :)
Tamer

jleerigby

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 02:20:28 pm »

well ... really iam all ears.. but it is not in my hands... ask matt :)

Matt -  Please help.  We want MC to look good even when we don't hover over buttons with the mouse.  Can you make this happen?
Pages: [1]   Go Up