INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screansaver Help!  (Read 1637 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Screansaver Help!
« on: April 01, 2016, 04:09:11 pm »

Im new to JRiver and have been testing it with madvr now for weeks, perfecting it for our film club, we changed across from Kodi....

Foe weeks now we have been trying to sort and work a screensaver, let me explain...
Before our shows we show old cinema screen advertising, 300 plus jpgs are stored on the Nas in an advertising folder.
We used to have this working perfectly in Kodi, (this was an add on app in kodi) dissolving to each new image every 10 secs with music playing in the background.

To date we have never found anything that works like this on JRiver...
So we are using one from Windows but have major issues preventing our going live to the club with JRiver. We can turn ON the Windows screensaver with our ipad but cant turn it OFF. We can only turn it OFF by moving a mouse, but we don't want the mouse as part of our shows as everything is run from the ipad. My developer has been working on this one last bug but still has no luck. Hes been trying to imulate the mouse movement as a button for the ipad, like the ON button he has made but the OFF just wont function...
Has anyone else done something similar using the Windows screensaver and been able to get it to function ON/OFF without a mouse or keyboard?
We are half way there, just need to sort an OFF button...

Or should we abandon Windows screensaver and use something else?

Does JRiver have an app for a screensaver like Kodi does, we have never found one???

Hope someone sees this and cant help use sort this one last issue to go live with JRiver  ;)

CountryBumkin

Re: Screansaver Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 05:05:28 pm »

You can create a playlist that is a slide show of your preselected art/pictures and have music play with it.

You would then select the playlist that you want from Theater View and when your ready to start watching the movie, you just stop the Playlist and start the movie, with your remote.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 05:13:28 pm »

You can make a mixed playlist with both images and audio.

murray

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 06:43:05 pm »

You can make a mixed playlist with both images and audio.

To get around the screensaver running in protected mode, we used EventGhost to manually evoke the screensavers process. So now a mouse emulation stops the screensaver every time.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_15ZfXhBP-Qd3psRFM1N2dUeEk/view?usp=sharing
Pages: [1]   Go Up