INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jump Behavior for Audio in Standard View  (Read 2381 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Jump Behavior for Audio in Standard View
« on: April 01, 2016, 02:39:23 pm »

My normal use for Video is Full Screen (which is "Display View") and I use the "Jump Behavior" settings to go back 10 seconds (hear something again I missed or replay something in sports) or forward 30 seconds (typically commercials).

My normal use for Audio is Standard View.  I generally play songs or tracks which work best starting from the beginning and playing to the end.

However, recently I acquired an audio book.  In some cases, it is helpful to hear a sentence again a second time.  So, I tried the remote left and right and the keyboard left and right, but neither did anything.  On a hunch, I tried Display View, and then the keys work the same as for Video (and as specified in "Jump Behavior").

So, how can I get "Jump Behavior" (left and right arrow keys) to work in Standard View for Audio?

Thanks!

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
Re: Jump Behavior for Audio in Standard View
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 02:49:45 pm »

I was wondering the same thing :)

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 06:28:09 pm »

MC has just a ton of keyboard shortcuts out of the box.  The ones you are talking about are really useful for video, and I find myself trying to use them for audio sometimes too!  But MC has a lot of legacy keyboard support too.  Arrow keys and enter and space bar and all kinds of things are used for navigation in the tree.  I think this is silly, but that's how it's set up.

As such, in Standard View, the arrow keys are for navigation.  You can remap those keys yourself of course, using the file and instructions here:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts

However, the function you want is actually mapped to a different set of keys in Standard View.  <ctrl><shift> Left arrow (and right arrow) do what you want.  Here's the wiki list of standard keyboard shortcuts:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Keyboard_Hot-keys

I'm tempted to go remap the Standard View arrow keys myself.  But I don't want to mess with it tonight.  Enjoying the music too much.  :)

Brian.

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 02:42:41 am »

MC has just a ton of keyboard shortcuts out of the box.  The ones you are talking about are really useful for video, and I find myself trying to use them for audio sometimes too!  But MC has a lot of legacy keyboard support too.  Arrow keys and enter and space bar and all kinds of things are used for navigation in the tree.  I think this is silly, but that's how it's set up.

As such, in Standard View, the arrow keys are for navigation.  You can remap those keys yourself of course, using the file and instructions here:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts

However, the function you want is actually mapped to a different set of keys in Standard View.  <ctrl><shift> Left arrow (and right arrow) do what you want.  Here's the wiki list of standard keyboard shortcuts:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Keyboard_Hot-keys

I'm tempted to go remap the Standard View arrow keys myself.  But I don't want to mess with it tonight.  Enjoying the music too much.  :)

Brian.

Thanks, it will come in handy.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 05:37:16 pm »

Yes that works, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up